Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airframe replacement

Reaction score
Well I've finally done it. Crashed it good. Was proud of never crashing my 4K, then boom. Hit a tree over 100' up and it crashed hard.

The airframe is so badly broken, it needs replacing. My question is, will the white one marketed as the Q500 frame work on my 4k? Not only are they slightly cheaper, but I like the white color. So does anyone know for sure that it will work or not? Thanks!

I figured as much. Thanks! Now I just need to find a cable that broke inside the camera. Contacted Yuneec to see if I can get one. Here's hoping...

I figured as much. Thanks! Now I just need to find a cable that broke inside the camera. Contacted Yuneec to see if I can get one. Here's hoping...
Can you post a picture of the broken wire? That might help determine if it is repairable.

It should be repairable. I've already removed it from the camera. It has plug in connectors on each end. So no soldering or splicing is necessary to replace it so long as I can find a replacement. It's in 3 pieces. There's a metal "ring" at one end with the wires wrapped around it. Not an error, but the way it was designed for whatever reason. It appears to spin along a metal ring on the side of the camera on the gimbal arm.

I've tried everything I can to attach a pic, but it just won't allow me. Says "there was a problem uploading your file." I even scaled it down to 309kb in size so I dunno why it won't work.

It should be repairable. I've already removed it from the camera. It has plug in connectors on each end. So no soldering or splicing is necessary to replace it so long as I can find a replacement. It's in 3 pieces. There's a metal "ring" at one end with the wires wrapped around it. Not an error, but the way it was designed for whatever reason. It appears to spin along a metal ring on the side of the camera on the gimbal arm.

I've tried everything I can to attach a pic, but it just won't allow me. Says "there was a problem uploading your file." I even scaled it down to 309kb in size so I dunno why it won't work.
Not sure why you can't upload a picture. A .jpg file should work. Dang.

Hah! It was my stupid anti virus. Just shut it off, and now no problem. Here are 3 images. The metal ring was attached not far from the break.

20170604_005808.jpg 20170604_005814.jpg 20170604_005818.jpg

Good deal. However I don't recognize that cable. It may be the pitch encoder wire. The metal ring is to prevent electrical interference and should be placed back on the cable.
This is the one that usually breaks between the camera and the Q500. You might give this place a call and see if they have one.

Yuneec Connection Wire Between Q500 4K and Gimbal

Yeah that one is fine actually. This one is internal. So internal in fact, that I had to take it almost completely apart to get it out. I would have just mended the wires, but I have no way of telling which one goes to which and there are 3. I know the camera works aside from the up and down motion driven by the controller. It makes sense since this piece connects right by the left arm. So far I've found nothing online. I'm betting my only hope aside from Obi Wan Kenobi, is Yuneec. I probably won't hear from them until next week being the weekend so we'll see.

I'm assuming a replacement will include the metal ring, since it was wrapped up in the wires from the factory. Just a waiting game now.

Yeah that one is fine actually. This one is internal. So internal in fact, that I had to take it almost completely apart to get it out. I would have just mended the wires, but I have no way of telling which one goes to which and there are 3. I know the camera works aside from the up and down motion driven by the controller. It makes sense since this piece connects right by the left arm. So far I've found nothing online. I'm betting my only hope aside from Obi Wan Kenobi, is Yuneec. I probably won't hear from them until next week being the weekend so we'll see.

I'm assuming a replacement will include the metal ring, since it was wrapped up in the wires from the factory. Just a waiting game now.
If the connectors for each end of the cable are accessible by removing the camera shell, I can check it with a meter and give you the pinout. If you need me to do so, start a conversation and let me know.

Attachments

• CGO3 Sensor Wiring to Gimbal Board.jpg
    CGO3 Sensor Wiring to Gimbal Board.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval