Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airmap cannot be trusted

Thanks Steve!

PatR and others have pointed out flaws in AirMap and the “true” motivations behind it. This article exposed even more.

I was intrigued by the early statement of the other “major” player pulling away from AirMap.

Will be interesting to see what happens with AirMap and more importantly, if any other applications spring up that are built for the UAS industry with the UAS industry and its pilots as top priority rather than an arm of some corporation or consortium whose ultimate goal is to “own” and control the same airspace, making it very difficult for private pilots to co-exist (e.g. compete).

Jeff

Reactions: thoneter
It's bad enough that we have a government that no longer serves its constituents. Now we have corporations and powerful individuals doing the same thing. The government is getting farther and farther away from "of the people, by the people, for the people ".

Lincoln borrowed the now-famous three-part phrase from John Wycliffe in the prologue to his translation of the Bible, “The Bible is for the Government of the People, by the People, and for the People”. Looks like we've strayed a little bit from 1863!

Guess Amazon wasn't able to control Lincoln or Abraham didn't have his drone batteries charged yet.

Reactions: AH-1G
I have been using UAV Forecast for a long time. There are settings to reduce the nuisance locations.
I had to switch to a new cell phone, so I don't have the airmap equivalent you sent me. Can you post that website again? Speaking of nuisances is there a way to reduce the nuisances in Michigan?

UAV Forecast

Perhaps. But after this many years she is reluctant to leave.
Not the UAV forecast. The website that shows the maps that we used for Duluth on the YOG tips FB page.

And when did you get a sex change?

Something to consider; Airmap would have never got off the ground had DJI not partnered with them pretty much from day 1. DJI needed a service like AirMap to get their NFZ/GEO system off the ground. Until the emergence of AirMap DJI's flight restriction software did not exist. From that point on DJI has expended a lot of expense and effort trying to sell their GOE software to different governments for legislative actions to mandate it's use as a general flight safety feature for all drones. It's not about safety for anyone, it's about $$.

Something to consider; Airmap would have never got off the ground had DJI not partnered with them pretty much from day 1. DJI needed a service like AirMap to get their NFZ/GEO system off the ground. Until the emergence of AirMap DJI's flight restriction software did not exist. From that point on DJI has expended a lot of expense and effort trying to sell their GOE software to different governments for legislative actions to mandate it's use as a general flight safety feature for all drones. It's not about safety for anyone, it's about $$.
Big business is just like big government. It's no longer about the constituents or consumer. It's show me the money

3 different app data from where i am
1st pick is skyward (airport no fly zone for Portland ???) (drone assist on my phone the smaller pic airport in yellow )
second pick is airmap interesting that the ( airport )helicopter base is in yellow ( has only just appeared on there was not there last week but lived here all my life and i no its there)
its a take care warning as its a training base and they dont fly very often but what worries me is that when they do fly they have flown lower than 400 feet along the beach that has no warnings at all last flight from there was about 3 weeks ago, They are training German rescue pilots but as this app is supposed to give live flight alerts i would have expected flying warning to come up on there and it did not (blue shaded area is where they did some very low flying when you feel your building shaking you no they are low and top of my building is 35 feet above sea level
also you can see big differences in all three so who do you trust
how can any of us plan a safe flight without having the correct data at hand Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_6.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval