Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airmen Address Available to Public Letter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a form letter from FAA giving me the choice to opt out of having my address available to the public, guess all drone pilots get this letter some time or another. Not sure of what others have done in this case, what the pros and cons are of having the public knowing this info. Opinions? Thanks.

Sponge

Hi all,

Got a form letter from FAA giving me the choice to opt out of having my address available to the public, guess all drone pilots get this letter some time or another. Not sure of what others have done in this case, what the pros and cons are of having the public knowing this info. Opinions? Thanks.

Sponge
Having the address available to the public (by the requirement to display it on the aircraft) is one of the major concerns that trouble many of the Canadian remote pilots since the introduction of new rules a couple of months ago. Their argument is essentially about some nutter getting hold of it and giving grief.
From what I gather, the consensus is that they would rather have to display a registration number as is the case in the U.S.A. than make their address details available to the public should their aircraft go down and fall into a nutter's hands.

Opt Out.

Reactions: spongella

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss