Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Albuquerque new to flying Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi all I am a new drone pilot and purchased a Typhoon H refurbished from Amazon. I live in a mountainous area which makes it difficult at times to maneuver over terrain. I have downloaded the GUI and attached it to the drone and modified the Height limit. It appears to have taken but when I fly the drone its still limited. What step am I missing?

Thank You Very much.

What height are you limited to while flying? The GUI should allow you to change the max altitude to 500 meters (1640 feet) from the takeoff position.

Make sure you are running the GUI as an administrator. Seems I had an issue of the value not actually loading into the aircraft memory until I ran the GUI as an administrator.

What height are you limited to while flying? The GUI should allow you to change the max altitude to 500 meters (1640 feet) from the takeoff position.

Make sure you are running the GUI as an administrator. Seems I had an issue of the value not actually loading into the aircraft memory until I ran the GUI as an administrator.
Absolutely, my penny's worth, after making changes in the GUI, remove the cable and reinsert the cable and check if the changes you have made previously are still correct, if not go through the procedure again

Welcome to the forum

270290649_2989289921373755_1155155392124850314_n.jpg307891830_627135415758983_5601699906676358817_n.jpg

I have attempted numerous times and it shows current value accepted but when we field test its still maxed out at 390 ft?

I don't remember was is the latest version of the drone firmware but probably yours is not the latest. Update it. It better is to do this via GUI. There was a topic on how to extract the file and how to upload it.

Power up your system and go to System Settings, About Controller and compare it to this screen.
C804B4AC-D065-414B-9E41-AFA2E453ABEE.jpeg

Either upload a screenshot of yours or report the version information for all items.

Reactions: 7cyclops
With yours reporting v1.30 in the GUI you may have the no NFZ version for the autopilot, but do not have the license key loaded to be able to enable/disable the NFZ. When the NFZ is disabled the max height is 120m no matter what is set in the GUI.

I found that out while flying at my friend’s farm a couple summers ago.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just reproduced the situation. When the GUI works on WIN 10, the sensor section works fine but the settings one doesn't. The license file doesn't change anything. Use Win 7 or lower. I have no idea why this happens but it is not important.

Correction. After restarting everything all works fine. GUI should be started as Administrator.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Correction. After restarting everything all works fine. GUI should be started as Administrator.
I use Win10 and GUI has to be run with admin rights or changes to settings or running a license file for NFZ removal will not work.

Seems you got it working correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval