Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UPDATED ALERT! Another eBay seller to be wary of

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
We recently had a member purchase a Typhoon H from a seller in Dunedin, FL and had to use the Full Refund Policy from eBay due to the dishonesty of the seller.

The seller’s original eBay name was “tender_33”, but changed it to “xx-xx-xqiafawfg” when the buyer started questioning the seller’s honesty.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like both names are no longer on eBay. But the scammers come up with new names so they will be back.

Reactions: Mike Irish
As the saying goes... if it's to good too be true, then it usually is...

His price was fair for a used Typhoon H Pro, but he misrepresented the condition of the camera and claimed there were no crashes, yet there was evidence of two minor crashes in the flight logs. He also claimed it had been flown for 45 minutes on the two batteries within a week of the sale, yet the last flight was about 4 months earlier and the longest flight was about 17.5 minutes and that was taking the battery low enough to trigger an auto landing with a final battery voltage of 13.8V.

A word of advice for anyone buying used equipment is getting a copy of the flight logs and recent samples of video and photos before purchasing.

His price was fair for a used Typhoon H Pro, but he misrepresented the condition of the camera and claimed there were no crashes, yet there was evidence of two minor crashes in the flight logs. He also claimed it had been flown for 45 minutes on the two batteries within a week of the sale, yet the last flight was about 4 months earlier and the longest flight was about 17.5 minutes and that was taking the battery low enough to trigger an auto landing with a final battery voltage of 13.8V.

A word of advice for anyone buying used equipment is getting a copy of the flight logs and recent samples of video and photos before purchasing.
Good advice,indeed!

Update April 24, 2020:

The seller in this ad is a banned member of this forum and MavicPilots forum. He is a liar and a cheat, if you fall for this you will be a victim.

Would NOT even consider buying from an ebay seller with this low of a score, even if the feedback indicates a supposed 100% ! Luckily if you did fall victim to a scam, ebay has a 100% guarantee that you will get your $$ back!

It depends on the seller. Which one?

none of the ones listed, and he’s 100% positive rating with almost 1000 feedback.
These will be my first drones. I’m not sure I would know if anything was wrong with them anyway.
I think it’s an individual selling their personal equipment, not a business seller.

Goodness!
I just bought mine from eBay. I hope they’re ok!
Yes, there are many reputable sellers on ebay, one must question the ones that have a very low score or no score , or offer something @ a price that looks way to good to be true. Remember, if you have any doubts after the purchase & the item you bought is not as described after you receive it. One does have the recourse of opening a dispute through ebay.
They give the seller the option of setting it right, and if that does not bring resolution, they almost always will decide in your favor.
So, with ebay you will never have to worry about getting shafted by a seller one way or the other.
Just remember, honesty & documentation, is your "BEST" guide when it comes to a "dispute" with a seller on ebay.
Have had encounters with some muckety muck sellers, and ebay always came through no problem.
Unfortunately not uncommon, however ebay tries to keep these at bay as well. Sometimes some do slip through their filtering.

Reactions: Mike Irish
We recently had a member purchase a Typhoon H from a seller in Dunedin, FL and had to use the Full Refund Policy from eBay due to the dishonesty of the seller.

The seller’s original eBay name was “tender_33”, but changed it to “xx-xx-xqiafawfg” when the buyer started questioning the seller’s honesty.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.
I was scammed out of my typhoon h by a person in Cali that claimed I sent them defective drone. The day they received it the requested a full refund. Ebay gave them there money back before my drone was back To me. When I got my drone back it was not the drone I sent and instead was inop and had water damage. I had over 600 positive feedback back and was ruled against by my bs appeal. . They had 7 sales for a feedback score. Luckily I moved the money out of eBay account/PayPal and now eBay and PayPal are trying to ruin my credit and have me in collections. I refuse to give them a dollar after this . Been dealing with this for two months now. The refund policy is a joke. Seller beware. I’ll post the name of the thief when I get a chance. .

it was not the drone I sent and instead was inop and had water damage.
Very sad this happens but there are scammers on eBay who get away with theft in this manner. They wreck their drone and buy a used one. Then file a claim.

I always take pics including the serial numbers. Some sellers open up the drone and mark each part inside and photograph each part to document the item being sold.

I was scammed out of my typhoon h by a person in Cali that claimed I sent them defective drone. The day they received it the requested a full refund. Ebay gave them there money back before my drone was back To me. When I got my drone back it was not the drone I sent and instead was inop and had water damage. I had over 600 positive feedback back and was ruled against by my bs appeal. . They had 7 sales for a feedback score. Luckily I moved the money out of eBay account/PayPal and now eBay and PayPal are trying to ruin my credit and have me in collections. I refuse to give them a dollar after this . Been dealing with this for two months now. The refund policy is a joke. Seller beware. I’ll post the name of the thief when I get a chance. .
Ouch! That is "unusual" for Ebay to send the refund before the item was returned to you for rebuttal to the claim. Would seriously"dispute" with the credit reporting agencies, for false collections. Just remember to keep "documentation" of everything that has transpired. The paper trail is your best friend in situations like this.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Let's hope this shill seller will be exposed enough times to change his karma...usually if it's to good too be true it usually is...

When you sell something expensive like these drones spend $9 and buy some security stickers with serial numbers. Attach few of them on the drone where the case meet right on the seam and take pictures of the stickers and post them when you list your item. I never ever have a return using this method. Register the serial numbers and specify in your description if they want to return the item the stickers has to be in place unaltered in order to remit a refund. The scammers will never buy from you if you have these stickers. Ebay will ask you to provide proof and these stickers are undeniable even for them.

When you sell something expensive like these drones spend $9 and buy some security stickers with serial numbers. Attach few of them on the drone where the case meet right on the seam and take pictures of the stickers and post them when you list your item. I never ever have a return using this method. Register the serial numbers and specify in your description if they want to return the item the stickers has to be in place unaltered in order to remit a refund. The scammers will never buy from you if you have these stickers. Ebay will ask you to provide proof and these stickers are undeniable even for them.
Brilliant idea and so simple :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis