Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ALERT Video emerging of drone flying Illegally and pretty close to the Blue Angels over Detroit

Reaction score
That link does not work so I am providing another one. Personally I do not believe the video to be 100% real.

Yes, it is real. Also ignorant, irresponsible, dangerous and, with hopefully very costly to the guy who shot it. You can bet this will be a key piece of evidence used to support Remote ID.
I understand it is also the subject of a current FAA investigation and was reported by perhaps hundreds of people.

One thing is certain, the narrator doesn’t know chit about aerobatic smoke generation. He goes on and on about density inconsistency. Perhaps if he knew that aerobatic aircraft used smoke generators in the form of pyrotechnics or by injecting a mixture of diesel fuel and other chemicals into a hot exhaust system he might have understood the smoke was not the result of jet propulsion.

He also does not seem to know the Blue’s fly formation with an odd man out. He’s the guy that screams in from the opposite direction at airshows. The flight leader flies #1 position in the formation.

He does not seem to be aware of how far the effects of jet blast can be felt or of wake turbulence.

I seriously doubt any of the Blue’s were aware of the multirotor as all eyes are focused on the leader during formation flight. One thing is certain, the multirotor was much, much too close. It shouldn’t have been in the air at all. The fly overs were announced well in advance, along with the routes, which leads me to believe the presence of the drone was no accident.

• Wow
Reactions: 7cyclops
It was the guys plan to film the flyby. He actually blamed the Blue Angels for changing their flight path. Really? And he made no attempt to avoid them.

View attachment 21865
Yah turns out it is real after all. I read that one and a few others, but most are deleted now.

Flying downriver is fine, until they cross into Canadian airspace with a military warplane. I am sure they could easily gotten clearance, but why would they.

By the way, that goes for sUAS pilots too. That line down the middle of the river extends upwards.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It was the guys plan to film the flyby. He actually blamed the Blue Angels for changing their flight path. Really? And he made no attempt to avoid them.

View attachment 21865
It’s hard to believe that this moron actually believes what he says. I would love to see the video of him being led away by the feds in handcuffs.

I guess I saw a different video.....I'd like to see the one the AOPA article is talking about:

"though it appears that the drone that took the video (which several people managed to download and republish before the original post was hidden from public view) came within a few feet of the formation over Detroit on May 12."

Wow! A few feet....that's amazing! I mean, how did the drone even survive? I take a "few" to mean 3, or around that. It's more than a "couple", which is 2....and less than a half-dozen which is 6....so 3 feet away from the jets passing by. I would think the shock and turbulence of a fighter traveling at what, 350-400 mph, would seriously affect a little plastic drone. Maybe it tumbled wildly and he just managed to recover control.....anyway, the video I saw wasn't 3 feet away.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Flying downriver is fine, until they cross into Canadian airspace with a military warplane. I am sure they could easily gotten clearance, but why would they.

By the way, that goes for sUAS pilots too. That line down the middle of the river extends upwards.
A 5 year old with a paper airplane could invade our air space and we'd probably just wave, pretty much goes for a jet as well. We see anything in the sky and we go...."free air show!"...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace