Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All new flyers...This is for you!

R

Rayray

A new friend agreed to share this video with our forum in hopes that new and future owners of the Typhoon H could learn just how fast everything can go horribly wrong. Unbelievably, the camera alone survived to tell the tale. This video is worth the thousand words.

Reactions: dadaas and AH-1G
Where'd he get those prop guards? The body looks funny in the crash and not very H like....

The prop guards are common, I got some, they are in a drawer cause they're useless (as the video shows). It really was a TH when it started.:)

How does that go? "I think that I shall never see, a forest with only one tree.":rolleyes:

He must have named his UAV "George of the Jungle"

The prop guards are common, I got some, they are in a drawer cause they're useless (as the video shows). It really was a TH when it started.:)

How does that go? "I think that I shall never see, a forest with only one tree.":rolleyes:
I stopped using prop guards after my fourth ever flight on my first UAV. Only used them once since when doing my flight test for the PfCO. IMHO prop guards are more trouble than they are worth unless they are used for an indoor flight.

He must have been flying by video screen instead of LOS.

Ok here is Yuneec's video on how to update

To bind just turn the typhoon on and tilt it forward 45 degrees twice quickly and the rear led should flash orange

It is actually preferred that you use a Windows Computer. Just make sure it is FAT32 Formatted. Camera will have no problem with the card formatted in a Windows computer. You might want to download this software. It is a good piece of software to use when formatting your cards. It will do a complete wipe of the card if you instruct it to.

SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association

Whats the damage to the drone? It looks like it was a light crash. (lucky crash)

It can work both ways. Flying VLOS would have prevented this accident. But I crashed once because I did not look at the screen. From my point of view, the TH was going to miss the tree. If I had looked at the screen, I would have seen it was directly in the flight path. Paralax. Moral of the story; don't rely solely on either the screen or your vision. Use both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval