Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altimeter

Reaction score
I am having problems with my altimeter accuracy. Sitting on level ground I am seeing altitudes registered on my ST10+ as much as 15 feet above ground level (AGL). this error persists even after compass and accelerators. Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you correct it?

I am having problems with my altimeter accuracy. Sitting on level ground I am seeing altitudes registered on my ST10+ as much as 15 feet above ground level (AGL). this error persists even after compass and accelerators. Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you correct it?
The altimeter on all copters are barometers which tend to be rather crude devices and will vary with temp and wind. When you start the motors you should see the altitude go to zero. But it will continue to drift as the internal temp changes in the Q. Don't be alarmed by the reading. A 30' variation is not that unusual.

The altimeter on all copters are barometers which tend to be rather crude devices and will vary with temp and wind. When you start the motors you should see the altitude go to zero. But it will continue to drift as the internal temp changes in the Q. Don't be alarmed by the reading. A 30' variation is not that unusual.

Thanks for the info. Nest time I fly I will see what happens when I start the motors. Haven't been able to fly much lately as we have had a lot of windy days. I am new new to flying and do not want to attempt to fly in the wind until I have a little more experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop