Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude

Reaction score
Hello all,
is it normal that even the turtle at max its very slow to get altitude or to go down!
Thanks

Hello all,
is it normal that even the turtle at max its very slow to get altitude or to go down!
Thanks

Peter,

Sorry but I believe you are trying to ask: "If the rate slider is max (rabbit mode), is the ascend and descend still very slow?"

The answer is "Not supposed to be!"

In rabbit (max) ascend should be near or at the specs of maximum climb/descend ratings. The manual I have states "Maximum climb speed: 5m/s. Max descend speed: 3m/s In turtle, much slower.

If you are not seeing much of a difference in rates, then something is likely amiss with your controller. Chances are someone will chime in with some in-depth advice as to how to check, analyze, clean, calibrate, et al.

Jeff

Last edited:
You can go into "Hardware Monitor" and check to see if you are getting the full output on the throttle stick. Many have noticed that over time after some use, the pots can get dirty and reduce/slow the output of the actual stick movement. As Jeff mentioned, a cleaning with some plastic-safe electrical cleaner can help greatly.

Ty Pilot is spot on. Make sure you are getting full deflection from both sticks in the hardware monitor and make sure they immediately return to center. If not and it's under warranty you may want to contact Yuneec. If on the other hand you are fairly handy, and want to save yourself some time you may want to open up the ST16 and spray the pots with plastic safe electronic component cleaner, then check the sticks again in the hardware monitor.

I would just add that if you have not flown a great deal that you may think descending should be as fast as going up. It is not.

It should come down faster in Rabbit than Turtle, but it is also normal for the speed to decrease as it approaches the ground.
I'm thinking you may not have a problem. Fly more and check it out.

I would just add that if you have not flown a great deal that you may think descending should be as fast as going up. It is not.

It should come down faster in Rabbit than Turtle, but it is also normal for the speed to decrease as it approaches the ground.
I'm thinking you may not have a problem. Fly more and check it out.
The H480 does lessen it's rate of descent when it 'thinks' it is close to the ground even when it actually isn't. I noticed this the other day. I'd taken off from near to the top of a hill and was descending into the valley. When it was approaching the zero altitude as seen on the ST16 it noticeably decreased it's descent even though it was actually over 150 feet above the valley floor. Once it passed what it thought was ground level it's rate of descent increased again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace