Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Am I missing something?

Reaction score
I just soldered the wires back for my C23, when I look at it it seems like I'm missing some gasket perhaps?

5e875c06b85b9380a6ddd81ab65d59c5.jpg

Well I did check other videos and pics and it does look like there is a black rubber gasket that covers the wires. I just don't remember taking one off but I guess I must of. Any ideas on what I can do if I don't find it?

Thanks

Yes there is a rubber dust boot that is about 1.5" in diameter that extends from the base of the gimbal to the mount and has an accordion type look to it that allows the dampeners to move and stretch. It will not effect operations necessarily, but I would be mindful of its absence if I were to fly in dusty conditions.

DustBoot.jpg

Trust me when I say you were VERY lucky! Do yourself a favor and leave the camera off until you get used to flying the H+.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Received mine on wed, and broke a blade and three arm locks already. Man these things are almost nothing like the smaller scaled ones i'm used to. less initial speed and very nimble. I was able to safely land it and saved the machine and camera. seen your post, and had some minute flashbacks.. glad yours is fixed...

Received mine on wed, and broke a blade and three arm locks already. Man these things are almost nothing like the smaller scaled ones i'm used to. less initial speed and very nimble. I was able to safely land it and saved the machine and camera. seen your post, and had some minute flashbacks.. glad yours is fixed...
I'm sorry that happened, they do take some time to get use to. As a few others have mentioned, I would remove the camera and learn to fly without it initially that way if you do crash again at least the camera is safe. Are you flying on Lo Speed and in Angle Mode?

Yes I am Chad... I did about a weeks worth of research and study of articles and videos on youtube as it was being shipped to me. Plus I have had a few years under my belt with the smaller much faster response little racer drones. as well as my kids drone toys. I was not expecting it to somewhat control its self! I have a huge backyard, charged it all up checked all switches on st16. Started her raiser her to about 5 -6 ft made a couple maneuvers, felt good, so I raised it another 5 - 6 ft. but I was in between my garage and the tree. (aprox 40ft apart). When it got right to about roof height the wind was blowing over the garage roof and I did not feel it on the ground, and away she went right into a limb. Snapped a blade, (Heart started pounding) flew eratic raised up it's self another 15ft. Flew like a bouncy half circle, then all the sudden it started to follow my controller input and was able to come to a wobble landing.
My nerves have not felt this kind of cold sweat in a long time. But thanks for your help and concern. Yes cam is off now. But I still need three of the leg locks (steel Lock Tab).

Yes I am Chad... I did about a weeks worth of research and study of articles and videos on youtube as it was being shipped to me. Plus I have had a few years under my belt with the smaller much faster response little racer drones. as well as my kids drone toys. I was not expecting it to somewhat control its self! I have a huge backyard, charged it all up checked all switches on st16. Started her raiser her to about 5 -6 ft made a couple maneuvers, felt good, so I raised it another 5 - 6 ft. but I was in between my garage and the tree. (aprox 40ft apart). When it got right to about roof height the wind was blowing over the garage roof and I did not feel it on the ground, and away she went right into a limb. Snapped a blade, (Heart started pounding) flew eratic raised up it's self another 15ft. Flew like a bouncy half circle, then all the sudden it started to follow my controller input and was able to come to a wobble landing.
My nerves have not felt this kind of cold sweat in a long time. But thanks for your help and concern. Yes cam is off now. But I still need three of the leg locks (steel Lock Tab).
I'm glad to hear you got it down ok, they certainly take some time to get use to. Just make sure when you order any parts that it's for the H Plus and not the H.

Ohh... really? did not think there would be a difference in the actual arm platforms. Is there?

Yes, the locking/folding mechanisms are the same and while the round tubes that make up the arms are the same diameter, they are different lengths - which is how the Plus gets it's larger size. And the motor housings as well as the motors are different. That must have been one **** of a wind to blow a Plus off course by 20 feet! These things can take winds that most people won't even believe. Hope you can get it fixed.

Ok, I see. I knew the length was different. but that is just the arm tube. so the latches and the hinge points are the same, I only need the metal lock tabs. These are the same on both right? Thanks for the help TY.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
...That must have been one **** of a wind to blow a Plus off course by 20 feet!...

That’s what I was thinking Ty. I’ve flown mine in 25+ with gusts over 30.....and it held position just fine. It was working hard and I only got 8 mins out of the battery, but certainly never lost control. At ground level it wasn’t bad because of the fences, houses, etc....but up above the trees were really whipping so I knew the wind was there.

My same thoughts, that's why I did not think that would be an issue. But I was wrong!
Fred I believe the main issue here was the user, I was sorta in a confined space on two sides, and obs and real sense was on... And I may have done this on my own moronic methods...
But Hey! thanks for making me rethink it...lol:)

Ok, I see. I knew the length was different. but that is just the arm tube. so the latches and the hinge points are the same, I only need the metal lock tabs. These are the same on both right? Thanks for the help TY.
This may help a bit @Mechanic and @Chad80

Attachments

• H MaintenanceGuide v0.5.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hi. Don't feel too bad. I have crashed my h pro 3 times, all pilot err,,not knowin any better,assuming I knew whati was doing,or in a hurry to see it fly,not in the best of conditions,I am becoming an expert in interference issues. I keep studying the threads in this forum,and just went over the extended manual again to start this season off on both legs. You will get over it. Remember stormy seas make good sailors. Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis