Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Am I the only one who didn’t know this?

Reaction score
I was flying in a large field the other day practicing some flight maneuvers and during the flight I tapped on the controller screen to do something I have since forgotten. The reason I forgot was that immediately all the data on the controller screen disappeared and I just had a larger picture of what the camera was seeing. I quickly realized I no longer could determine battery status. Rather than get myself into trouble trying to figure it out while the Typhoon continued to use up battery power hovering above, I immediately landed the vehicle. After trying various things to get the data to reappear on the controller, I double tapped the screen. Voila!! There it was. Another double tap and it was gone, another and it was back.

So, can someone tell me where I missed learning of this feature. I have looked at a lot of videos and read the “manual” and whatever else I can come across and have not seen this tidbit of information. If it is in the manual started by a forum member, I have missed it. Just wondering.

The full screen screen double tap feature has been there from the beginning of the H.

It's not in the manual. If I'm not mistaken the feature has been present since the Q-500 and Chroma. I believe the feature is mentioned in the Typhoon 4K documentation, along with the 920 docs. Yuneec documentation pretty much sucks and you have to read manuals for several different models to obtain general information applicable to all their models. OTHO, the feature has been referenced many times in this and other forums, along with multiple user videos, and in the forum developed manual. Yuneec does not make it easy but users generally step up to provide the info Yuneec failed to. With all manufacturers it pays to review as many reference sources as you can find.

I see @PatR just posted as I wrote this but I'll post also. Unfortunately one of the downsides of the Typhoon H is woefully inadequate user manual but on the other hand; one of the upsides of the Typhoon H is this forum. I am pretty sure I remember at least one of the first Yuneec Aviation or possibly Yuneec UK Videos where they showed the feature of the double tap but it is defiantly not in the manual like so many other details about the operation of the Typhoon.

Not trying to talk down to anybody whatsoever, so please do not receive the following as such an attempt:

Is not the double tap an inherent and accepted feature of touch screen devices, such as tablets and smart phone?

I can think of some examples such as viewing pictures: tap (or double tap) and the pic goes full screen or at least the border/info, et al disappear.

What I am saying that perhaps is it thought that 'gestures' used for touch screens are basically universal and common place these days; that saving real estate in a manual is therefore justified. Including the explanation of every possible gesture may invoke yet others to exclaim "why do they take up space telling us the obvious?".

I can't be sure, but have we heard complaints of the H520 manual being "too much to read"?

Just thinking out loud; not trying to insult anybody's intelligence. :)

Jeff

P.S. By the way, I vaguely recall doing the same thing early on. The headslap "doh!" came shortly after figuring out the recovery. This recollection was the basis for my reply above.

Last edited:
Reactions: WernerJB
I don't know that better manuals matter all that much. Probably the most comprehensive manuals out there are the ones for Arducopter and Pixhawk but you can go into any multirotor forum and read a plethora of questions from people setting them up that would have been answered if they only read the documentation. There's a great many examples of the same thing here with people asking questions about how this or that works that ARE referenced in the Quick Start Guide. One of my favorites is "What's a GUI?", indicating the user had never bothered to look at the documentation at the Yuneec website. You can publish an encyclopedia but if people don't bother to read it the effort and expense was wasted.

The double tap think is not something people that have been using earlier versions of Windows and older cell phones may be used to. I know the feature has been there for a long time but until I picked up a Win-10 machine tapping the screen did nothing. Personally, I still get messed up with iPhone text messaging tap,slide, and expand features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss