Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazon screwed me

Reaction score
So tonight amazon had there flash deals and I did a search for typhoon and the thermal camera came up as a prime deal. So I added it to cart and proceeded to check out and it came to 1056.00$ after discount so I said buy and they changed full amount of 1800.00. I called Customer service and they said it was never a deal even though it keeps being listed under the deals. Humm Interesting. So I continued to argue and tried to get them to honor the price given and they said they would send it to their promotion department and get back to me. So we will see what happens..I'm a little passed right now.

Four Months ago I was caught up in a purchase on Amazon for a $1800 laptop that was on sale for $650. Turned out to be a fraudulent scheme which Amazon directly stated. They said they would investigate, received all my purchase documents and even called in the FBI, but they could not guarantee the refund of the monies. One month later I had to have Chase refund the purchase from the credit card as the single gating issue was the a product was never delivered, no goods received for the monies. Off course at which point Amazon cancelled all services until I submitted all purchase documents and got their fraud department and purchasing department talking with each other : classic issue of left hand not talking to the right hand.

1) Contact the seller and verify the price, discount, shipping.
2) You may want to cancel the purchase and verify your $1800 is refunded.
3) Verify the product is shipped - and either return or escalate. Escalating with Amazon is very difficult as there are very few humans to talk with. It took me a very long call to get to a on-call manager, and the result was to send another email to a specific department. The on-call manager did follow up that email to the department and within 24 hours the issue was resolved.

I was watching that same deal, but the deal that I was watching made no mention of a thermal camera. Prior to the deal starting, I got a notification stating that it was no longer available and it was no longer listed under the Prime Deals, so I am not sure how you were able to still see it there.

Yeah I saw the typhoon h on the list also at first but went away. So I did a search and found just the camera thermal as a deal 30% off and an additional 20% with my amazon card. I couldn't pass that up.
But now it's not even listed under the deals. I'm sure they yanked it after I called.

Am I the only one that caught the great deal for the Typhoon H w/ RealSense Pro bundle? From what I am seeing from the prices posted here, I get one **** of a deal. Almost afraid to mention how much I paid...

I didn't see any price drop for the thermal, but it sounds like I didn't miss out afterall. Was Amazon the seller?

Am I the only one that caught the great deal for the Typhoon H w/ RealSense Pro bundle? From what I am seeing from the prices posted here, I get one **** of a deal. Almost afraid to mention how much I paid...

Unless you paid $999 or < for this one...

View media item 568

I didn't see any price drop for the thermal, but it sounds like I didn't miss out afterall. Was Amazon the seller?

Unless you paid $999 or < for this one...

View media item 568

Yeah Amazon was the seller and definitely paid below way below 999. I may have lucked out then and caught the deal just in time. It was during their "Prime days" sale. Definitely grateful for it since I've been on a tight budget lately.

Last edited:
Sounds like you were lucky and it went through. That was like mine. They still haven't call back on mine I will call again today. Even if they screwed up they should honor it.
You

Yeah Amazon was the seller and definitely paid below way below 999. I may have lucked out then and caught the deal just in time. It was during their "Prime days" sale. Definitely grateful for it since I've been on a tight budget lately.

The question if Amazon was the seller was for the OP and the thermal.

for mtengr, I was watching during PD, never went below $1199. Pic of invoice or it didn't happen ;)

Reactions: Rayray
IMG_3629.jpg
The question if Amazon was the seller was for the OP and the thermal.

for mtengr, I was watching during PD, never went below $1199. Pic of invoice or it didn't happen ;)

There it is, I knew the deal was too good to pass up lol.

Appreciate the response Shadowolf, scoring a good deal on a thermal has been on my radar for some time now. The closest I came was watching a used one on Ebay eventually go for just over a thousand. Hope you find a great deal, maybe hoping you find one after me :D

View attachment 6614

There it is, I knew the deal was too good to pass up lol.

lol, you're kidding right, sure, that all looks legit there man :rolleyes:

enjoy your deal

IMG_3636.jpg IMG_3637.jpg
Appreciate the response Shadowolf, scoring a good deal on a thermal has been on my radar for some time now. The closest I came was watching a used one on Ebay eventually go for just over a thousand. Hope you find a great deal, maybe hoping you find one after me :D

enjoy your deal

I'm not kidding, that's literally what I paid lol. I was wondering why it showed unavailable almost right after. Idk how else to prove other showing you my order in person .

That's what mine looked like with all the prime savings lines.
Talked to amazon again yesterday and they are looking more into it so still waiting. .

Seriously? What does he have to gain making that up? Maybe he got lucky. Maybe there was a mix up. I don't know about you, but I certainly have better things to do than make create a fake Amazon invoice just to impress a few people on this site that I really couldn't care less about. I've gotten some unbelievable deals in the past ($167 roundtrip tickets from Hawaii to NY; $72/night at a Vail resort that usually cost $1500+/night, are just two that I can think of off hand), that I have not been able to duplicate and I am sure it was a fluke, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I don't know. Perhaps I'm naive. Perhaps I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Shadowolf
Seriously? What does he have to gain making that up? Maybe he got lucky. Maybe there was a mix up. I don't know about you, but I certainly have better things to do than make create a fake Amazon invoice just to impress a few people on this site that I really couldn't care less about. I've gotten some unbelievable deals in the past ($167 roundtrip tickets from Hawaii to NY; $72/night at a Vail resort that usually cost $1500+/night, are just two that I can think of off hand), that I have not been able to duplicate and I am sure it was a fluke, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I don't know. Perhaps I'm naive. Perhaps I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

But nothing better to do to than make this post, which is ironic don't you think.

Since you bring it up, who knows, why spend his first few posts talking about it, yet saying nothing. Maybe he just wanted attention, like you now. When I was posting about the deals, I was informing the community with the intent to assist someone, what was his motive, to tease and gather self interest... since you want to advocate.

Perhaps you just failed to quote me properly and didn't see the "enjoy your deal", just because I see 2+2=3.269 and have doubts, doesn't mean I didn't wish him well. Perhaps I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't deliberately remove that to unleash your rant on the shortened quote.

View attachment 6634 View attachment 6635

I'm not kidding, that's literally what I paid lol. I was wondering why it showed unavailable almost right after. Idk how else to prove other showing you my order in person .

The great thing is you don't have to, who cares what anyone thinks, you're flying at a discount, enjoy.

Might well be the number of deeply discounted units available was severely limited. Things like "loss leaders" are used all the time in marketing. Could be some dealer was trying to move a product they had sitting on the shelf too long and listed one or more at less than or at actual dealer cost. There's no requirement for Amazon or anyone else to sell as many as possible of anything at any price level. An item listed for sale can be removed or price adjusted at any time. Much of what is sold on Amazon is done by "resellers" and I think we can be assured that when they run out of something they will stop selling them. Once in awhile some people get super deals. Some people never do. Personally, I have no reason not to believe Skeets and his good fortune in this.

Reactions: Shadowolf
But nothing better to do to than make this post, which is ironic don't you think.

Since you bring it up, who knows, why spend his first few posts talking about it, yet saying nothing. Maybe he just wanted attention, like you now. When I was posting about the deals, I was informing the community with the intent to assist someone, what was his motive, to tease and gather self interest... since you want to advocate.

Perhaps you just failed to quote me properly and didn't see the "enjoy your deal", just because I see 2+2=3.269 and have doubts, doesn't mean I didn't wish him well. Perhaps I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't deliberately remove that to unleash your rant on the shortened quote.

Rant? Right.

Anywho, it took all of three minutes to post my so called rant. I imagine it would take a bit more time to Photoshop a convincing Amazon invoice. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are smart enough to know that.

Yes. I deliberately removed your "enjoy your deal" comment. I wonder if I wasn't the only one who wasn't convinced of it being genuine and not just a snarky comment following the sarcasm of your post.

There was nothing wrong with him teasing or bragging or whatever about the price he said he paid. Shoot...I wish I was able to get the same deal. I would surely be posting about it too, and I certainly wouldn't think I would have to go so far as posting my invoice in order to appease someone on here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss