Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

...Ande my gimbal doesn't move

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Recently bought a used Q, as I've explained in other threads. So my controller beeps when I move the gimbal roller passed the middle position in either direction. But the camera doesn't move. I am getting video on the st10+, but no movement. This is the cord that came with it, which is what I used to connect the camera. Sorry if I'm doing something really dumb, but I have no clue how to fix it!

Attachments

• camera cord.jpg
    camera cord.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Actually I am having the same problem with the st 12 binding because the q500 isn't showing up on the screen to redo. Usually or quite often it's something simple. Did you tilt the craft upwards twice 45 degrees angle uo and down?

The beep is normal and is an audio signal to let you know where the midpoint of travel is (45 degrees downward tilt).

The camera tilt is controlled through the RC connection. Is the aircraft bound to the controller? If it is bound you will see telemetry readings for Voltage, distance, altitude, and speed.

Reactions: dronefisher
Recently bought a used Q, as I've explained in other threads. So my controller beeps when I move the gimbal roller passed the middle position in either direction. But the camera doesn't move. I am getting video on the st10+, but no movement. This is the cord that came with it, which is what I used to connect the camera. Sorry if I'm doing something really dumb, but I have no clue how to fix it!
Not sure how to interpret "But the camera doesn't move". Not sure if you mean it is stabilized and pointing forwards, or if is hanging limp.
If it is working normally except it will not respond to tilt command, it probably has a bad transistor on the mainboard.

Reactions: h-elsner
It's bound to the controller because I've flown it. The camera is pointing straight forward and doesn't respond when I move the gimbal wheel. The video streams when the Q is parked. I haven't actually flown it with the camera yet out of caution.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Tilting method is to bind the drone to the ST10 but your drone is bound already. The cable you showed in the picture is is safe to connect the camera. Newer Q500 have also hot shoe contacts in the camera mount alternative to the cable.

If the slider moves in HW monitor I also think the driver transistor is defect. Refer to WTFDs document, attachment 55.

br HE

I have the same problem binding to the craft. I also have gotten craft to fly without video on the rc. Now the craft won't bind and like yours the camera works but will not tilt up and down. This happened once before and I did figure it out but simply can't remember how except it was simple.
hopefully we will both get more help..
Jeff sibelius video on binding is good but isn't fixing this problem except to try it again.

It's bound to the controller because I've flown it. The camera is pointing straight forward and doesn't respond when I move the gimbal wheel. The video streams when the Q is parked. I haven't actually flown it with the camera yet out of caution.
@dronefisher,
The document below is a copy of the attachment for fixing the transistor problem. It's pretty easy to take the shell apart, and a pretty easy solder job. But it is common when putting the shell back together to get various wires trapped between the shell halves and damaged. A little extra caution can save a lot of extra headache. Also be sure to plug the GPS back in before installing all those screws. That one is also a common error, and is the source of a great deal of cuss words when you realize you forgot it.

Attachments

• Q500 Tilt Transistor.pdf
    462.3 KB · Views: 17
I have the same problem binding to the craft. I also have gotten craft to fly without video on the rc. Now the craft won't bind and like yours the camera works but will not tilt up and down. This happened once before and I did figure it out but simply can't remember how except it was simple.
hopefully we will both get more help..
Jeff sibelius video on binding is good but isn't fixing this problem except to try it again.
Peter,
Although yours sounds like a similar problem, it the source of the problem is different.
The camera and the camera tilt (Pitch) are two different parts of the system. The camera will start and stay steady anytime the drone is turned on. But you cannot control the tilt (Pitch) until the drone and controller are bound. Your tilt (Pitch) problem will go away when you get the controller bound to the drone.
We can start a new thread for your issue if you want some help with it.

Thanks, W. ****, I want this to work. I love flying this drone even in the short few times I've tried.

In trying the jiggle method on the stick, which unfortunately didn't do it, I noticed the camera button doesn't work. Guess that explains why the flipping camera won't take a picture. The hardware monitor confirms this. But the video works.

If both the camera button, gimbal tilt and one controller board is bad, could I have a motherboard problem?

The grander problem is that I don't even own a soder and never repaired a drone. The cleaning instructions are clear, just worried I'll break the controller taking it apart.

Does it sound like I might need to buy a new st10+? The bird was calibrated last night by someone I bought some batteries from. Will fly today to see if the drift is any better. But if it sounds like I might need a new controller (or motherboard?) anyway, might try to fix this one for the experience.

What do you guys think?

If both the camera button, gimbal tilt and one controller board is bad, could I have a motherboard problem?

Does it sound like I might need to buy a new st10+?
"If both the camera button, gimbal tilt and one controller board is bad"
You mentioned the camera button (B1/B2 ?) was showing bad in hardware monitor. Was the tilt slider (K1) also showing bad? Were both camera buttons showing bad? B1 is still pictures. B2 is video.

Does it sound like I might need to buy a new st10+?
I would try cleaning up the pots in your current ST10+ first. If that does not work, a replacement controller would be about as cheap as trying to fix yours. Especially if you have to buy multiple components just to see which ones are bad.
Note if the Tilt Slider (K1) is showing good in hardware monitor, it is not likely replacing the controller will fix the problem.

Last edited:
The tilt slider looks good. The camera button registered okay once when I pushed, but not since then. I've tried rapidly pushing it on and off. It only gives that "click" feeling if I push down from a certain angle. But it still registers as bad, save for that one time. The video button is tight and functions perfectly.

Apparently the camera worked once yesterday. The guy I bought batteries from tried it and said he got an image captured message.

So sounds like your best advice is try to open it up and give it a good cleaning on the inside?

Wish I knew about the hardware monitor before I bought this Q. Could've fired it up first and caught all this. At least it only cost $300...

The tilt slider looks good. The camera button registered okay once when I pushed, but not since then. I've tried rapidly pushing it on and off. It only gives that "click" feeling if I push down from a certain angle. But it still registers as bad, save for that one time.
The camera button may be pushed down too far on it's shaft. The button part just pulls off. Try pulling the button off and stuffing something very small (like a TINY bit of bathroom tissue) into the hole in the button. Then put the button back on the shaft and see if hardware monitor picks it up. You can also try pushing the shaft directly, without the button in place

The camera button may be pushed down too far on it's shaft. The button part just pulls off. Try pulling the button off and stuffing something very small (like a TINY bit of bathroom tissue) into the hole in the button. Then put the button back on the shaft and see if hardware monitor picks it up. You can also try pushing the shaft directly, without the button in place
YES!!! You are the man. Pulled button out, re-attached and we now have a functioning camera button. Here's hoping that the gimball slider problem is something easily resolved too. At least now I know I only have one problem on this controller (a sticky stick) and not multiples as I thought just yesterday. Thanks, W!

YES!!! You are the man. Pulled button out, re-attached and we now have a functioning camera button. Here's hoping that the gimball slider problem is something easily resolved too. At least now I know I only have one problem on this controller (a sticky stick) and not multiples as I thought just yesterday. Thanks, W!
Yes he is!!!

@dronefisher,
The document below is a copy of the attachment for fixing the transistor problem. It's pretty easy to take the shell apart, and a pretty easy solder job. But it is common when putting the shell back together to get various wires trapped between the shell halves and damaged. A little extra caution can save a lot of extra headache. Also be sure to plug the GPS back in before installing all those screws. That one is also a common error, and is the source of a great deal of cuss words when you realize you forgot it.
Thanks, W. This actually seems doable, even for an idiot like me. Are you able to test it before you reassemble the st10? On a 1 - 10 idiot scale, how difficult would you rank unpacking the ST10, removing the motherboard and reassembling it w/out breaking the controller?

Believe me I can out dumb you!!
I would have already given up with all your concerns. I'm happy you found this forum, the right folks are here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval