Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Angle Mode with GPS Lock

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots! Well here I am again with yet another question. I have noticed lately that my status LED does not maintain a continuous purple color. After I have gone through the process of binding and calibration I get the purple LED. However, it glows purple for about 4-5 seconds the turns green for about one second then purple again for about 4-5. The cycle continues throughout the flight, before and after landing. I checked the status chart for this pattern and did not find it. FYI I occasionally get a "Lost GPS" warning that comes and goes. Also, i will get a message in red type saying that it is unable to connect to the camera. That message appears briefly and occasionally. Normal camera operations return. Yesterday, I was launching from a paved parking lot. The drone lift off with a tilt to one side and made a looping clockwise circle on it's own. I was about to abort the flight with the kill switch when it settled. I did my standard test maneuvers and decided to continue the flight. The rest of the flight was normal. Was this incident related to the status light cycle? I'm not sure if my status light was ever a continuous purple since I purchased the craft over a year ago, or if it is something that started recently.

My question: Should the status light remain purple continuously?

I have solid purple with white flashes. White flashes indicates that GLONASS was received additional to GPS by GNSS receiver. This is normal so far.
Can you please check if it is more white instead og green at your status LED?

If GPS lost messages there it would be useful to check flight logs from ST10, just to see what happens and when, in the hope we can find out why.
Unable to connect to camera indicates that WiFi connection 5.8GHz is lost. How far away is the Q500 from your ST10?

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
I have solid purple with white flashes. White flashes indicates that GLONASS was received additional to GPS by GNSS receiver. This is normal so far.
Can you please check if it is more white instead og green at your status LED?

If GPS lost messages there it would be useful to check flight logs from ST10, just to see what happens and when, in the hope we can find out why.
Unable to connect to camera indicates that WiFi connection 5.8GHz is lost. How far away is the Q500 from your ST10?

br HE
Thanks for your reply! Yes, at times it does look white, but green most of the time. So what is GLONASS? I do not have the ability to read flight logs. May I send them to you? The camera error message happened this morning at just a few feet away. It was red text and the message looked corrupted, incomplete words, spaces etc.

There are different GNSS (Global navigation satellite systems). One is GPS from US and others are GLONASS from Russia, Galileo from EU and there is also a Chinese one (Baidou). As far as I know, the UBLOX chip MAX-M8Q in Q500 receives only GPS and GLONASS.

FlightLogs are on SD card below the battery in ST10. It can be accessed via USB connetion to ST10. I can have a look on it if you attach it here (or send by Privat conversation here). Best as ZIP file to keep folder structure.

br HE

Last edited:
There are different GNSS (Global navigation satellite systems). One is GPS from US and others are GLONASS from Russia, Galileo from EU and there is also a Chinese one (Baidou). As far as I know, the UBLOX chip MAX-M8Q in Q500 receives only GPS and GLONASS.

FlightLogs are on SD card below the battery in ST10. It can be accessed via USB connetion to ST10. I can have a look on it if you attach it here (or send by Privat conversation here). DBest as ZIP file to keep folder structure.

br HE
Thanks for the info on GLONASS. My Q500 only flashed purple my H Pro purple and white.

Reactions: Chroma Pilot
Not sure this flight log will be of much help. It looks very much the way it did a couple of months ago. I was having battery and broken prop issues so i sent in the flight log. I'm not sure it has worked properly since.

Attachments

• Flight Logs 6-13-19.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Time/timezone is not set on ST10. No possibilty to identify what happened when.
There are 3 flights where GPS fix was lost for very short times (Flight Mode 5): 1, 8, 23.
00001: Low altitude on a parking lot. Two times for 3 seconds GPS fix was lost. Maybe view to satellites was disturbed by cars.
00008: One time for 3 seconds at home. No special reason.
00023: One time for 4 seconds under trees as expected there.

Flight Mode 4 = purple flashging never seen in telemetry.

br HE

For the ST16/H480, isn’t purple with white flashes indicative of not GLONASS or any other GPS type, but rather that the ST16 has 10 or more satellites acquired, allowing for any of the “smart” options such as follow me?

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430