Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Newbie

Reaction score
Hi Peeps
Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Just bought my first drone after a few years contemplating. Previously had RC Helicopters, but thought about a drone for quite a while for photography and filming (personal), but never got round to it. Thought about the DJI Phantoms, Beebops etc but could never decide. Just before Crimbo, saw and ad on one of the shopping channels while flicking through, for a drone that seemed to give a quality product, offering all the GPS, RTH and hover etc., for a small price. Looked into it and the missus said she'd buy one for me for Christmas (I'm so hard to get presents for!), but when I did a bit further looking, this bird didn't look too quality after all, so decided against it. But, the bug was back.
I saw another ad for a Yuneec Q500, at a price higher than the one on the shopping channel, and decided to go for that instead and so ordered. But the 'Next Day Delivery' turned out to be about three weeks away, so cancelled the order. Also because I'd now seen the Typhoon H, albeit a lot more money.
Ordered and bought through Curry's, delivered the next working day (2 days as I'd ordered Christmas day) and wholly satisfied and pleased with it. So easy to fly but with the added security of RTH and the smart mode of flying. The quality of the videos is brilliant. Each time I fly, I get more confident with it, but not too much to think I can Hare it before Tortoising. Got the Real sense as well, but not fully tried yet as one step at a time. Also got to be a bit canny, as close to an airport, so keeping it well with in CAA guidelines as well, and keeping a good watch out (did try to use it at work in the yard, but as I work even closer to the airport, the GPS wouldn't let me in the No Fly Zone - absolutely fantastic, keeps me out of trouble too!).
Sorry for the rambling, but this is a great piece of kit.
Dave

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your acquisition. The Typhoon H is indeed a good piece of kit, but as you've probably already noticed requires some familiarization. You have an advantage many do not, an understanding of flight acquired through RC helicopters. You should do well and advance in skill faster than most, but don't rush things. Looking forward to more good news as you progress.

Reactions: MadProf2018

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio