Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another one just fallen from the sky....

Reaction score
This is getting frustrating. The bird was flying perfectly mostly just hovering at 500 feet - Took a panoramic and changed a few camera settings while airborne - new battery very few flights - and then I get 1 low battery warning and initiate a decent and the power indicator shows a rapidly depleted battery and lights out and it just drops from the sky. Pretty much totaled.

Who can assist with interpreting the flight logs? Before I contact Yuneec.

This is getting frustrating. The bird was flying perfectly mostly just hovering at 500 feet - Took a panoramic and changed a few camera settings while airborne - new battery very few flights - and then I get 1 low battery warning and initiate a decent and the power indicator shows a rapidly depleted battery and lights out and it just drops from the sky. Pretty much totaled.

Who can assist with interpreting the flight logs? Before I contact Yuneec.
Upload the log here. Just add a .txt to the end of the file name so it will upload.

Was the Telemetry file from Flight_Log directory has *.csv format extention

Attachments

• Telemetry_00258.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Go to Pad, File Manager. Select Flight log, then Telemetry. The last flight should be the highest number flight.

Attachments

• Flight Log file.png
    Flight Log file.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Main files.png
    Main files.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Telemetry.png
    Telemetry.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 61
Look like the battery just dropped voltage from 14.3 to nothing in under a second the file is uploaded as text here, Steve.

0 to 3.25 min........Take off and ascend to 156 m......15.2 v.......Pitch and Roll -5;-15
@ 7 min............................................156 m........14.8 v..................................-8; 3
@ 8.5 min........Battery Warning...........156 m........14.3 v................................ -7; 5
@ 8.6 min........Start Descent.................................14.4 v ...............................-1; 8
@ 9.25 min.......Battery Depleted...........126 m......13.1 v................................. -3; 5

During a fast ascent the battery level dropped quickly and rebounded after achieving hover. There is evidence of significant wind and especially gusty wind while in hover. At one point roll reached 30 degrees and pitch -12. The H maintained station keeping but at significant power drain.

Once the battery level dropped under 15 volts while still at 156 meters (512 ft) a safe descent and landing would be questionable. At 14.3 volts it would be impossible.
Whether or not the battery was weak could only be determined by testing or by measuring endurance during low level, low wind flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: THoff
0 to 3.25 min Take off and ascend to 156 m 15.2 v Pitch and Roll -5;-15
@ 7 min 156 m 14.8 v . . -8; 3
@ 8.5 min Battery Warning 156 m 14.3 v . . -7; 5
@ 8.6 min Start Descent 14.4 v . . -1; 8
@ 9.25 min Battery Depleted 126 m 13.1 v . . -3; 5

During a fast ascent the battery level dropped quickly and rebounded after achieving hover. There is evidence of significant wind and especially gusty wind while in hover. At one point roll reached 30 degrees and pitch -12. The H maintained station keeping but at significant power drain.

Once the battery level dropped under 15 volts while still at 156 meters (512 ft) a safe descent and landing would be questionable. At 14.3 volts it would be impossible.
Whether or not the battery was weak could only be determined by testing or by measuring endurance during low level, low wind flights.
So the battery depleted quickly - the sudden roll was probably me on the stick to bring it over the landing zone quicker than the Rth. So at 9:25 the new battery was depleted - for what it's worth it was a venom battery that they had shipped to warranty replace a swollen previous one hmmmm

Well thanks for your assessment - doesn't sound like it will be covered by warranty which means the loss is entirely mine - too bad it used to be a really great aircraft

Reactions: Steve Carr
The wind at altitude was the demon. It was sucking out power faster than you could imagine. Standing on the ground it is difficult to judge what is happening that high. There was constant pitch and roll in amounts high enough to make that determination. The venom batteries have about the same capacity as the Yuneec bat so I wouldn't expect it to be much different. New batteries usually need a few charge/discharge cycles to achieve full capacity. You can certainly give Yuneec a try. Depending on who reads the data they may make a different determination. They have a lot of new people doing this and they don't have as much time as I do to really look for clues.

There will be some hot sales as the H520 gets closer to release. The sale last week for $600 for the basic unit was outstanding. I even took advantage of that one.

The wind at altitude was the demon. It was sucking out power faster than you could imagine. Standing on the ground it is difficult to judge what is happening that high. There was constant pitch and roll in amounts high enough to make that determination. The venom batteries have about the same capacity as the Yuneec bat so I wouldn't expect it to be much different. New batteries usually need a few charge/discharge cycles to achieve full capacity. You can certainly give Yuneec a try. Depending on who reads the data they may make a different determination. They have a lot of new people doing this and they don't have as much time as I do to really look for clues.

There will be some hot sales as the H520 gets closer to release. The sale last week for $600 for the basic unit was outstanding. I even took advantage of that one.
Where did you see that one for $600? That is a good deal

Reactions: spotondl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1