Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

another question

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
How do l transfer pictures from the st16s hard drive to my computer as they arent on the sd card ?

Bear with me for a moment and we’ll get to your question, but first one of my own.

Why bother with St-16 video when it is a significantly degraded version of what is on the card, plus you can shoot more videos during a flight than the ST-16 can store before over writing them? What you propose in saving the temporary low quality images from the ST-16 is much like taking a picture of work of art to save the picture before tossing out the work of art. Why save the junk instead of the high quality work?

To answer your question; connect the ST-16 to your computer via USB. The ST-16 will show up as a new drive. Open the new drive. Locate the folder containing the images in the ST-16 and copy them to your computer.

Much easier to copy from the SD card and just forget what’s on the controller.

I've never really been able to watch more than a few seconds of playback on controller it's so distorted and jumpy, as PatR says Micro sd card is the solution. But if your SD card isn't recording in the camera, then that's another issue?

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Bear with me for a moment and we’ll get to your question, but first one of my own.

Why bother with St-16 video when it is a significantly degraded version of what is on the card, plus you can shoot more videos during a flight than the ST-16 can store before over writing them? What you propose in saving the temporary low quality images from the ST-16 is much like taking a picture of work of art to save the picture before tossing out the work of art. Why save the junk instead of the high quality work?

To answer your question; connect the ST-16 to your computer via USB. The ST-16 will show up as a new drive. Open the new drive. Locate the folder containing the images in the ST-16 and copy them to your computer.

Much easier to copy from the SD card and just forget what’s on the controller.
For some reason they didnt go on the card, I'm starting to think because I formated the card on my computer ? This happened the day before so l switched the card took some pictures all was good, sent the pictures to my computer from that card, then formated it on my computer again thinking all was good ? The next morning took more pictures removed the card, no pictures again ? Since then I connected the controller to my computer see the pictures, just cant send them to the computer ? When I click on the drive from this pc it shows the pictures I took before I formatted the card ? I'm tottaly lost on this ?

The SD card might be bad or you might not have inserted the SD card correctly. I remember that was happening to me and I found out that my SD card was cracked. Also, where did you by the SD card. One time, I bought a 256gb micro SD card on eBay for $7.99 that came from China. Even though the price was a pretty big clue that it probably was a fake, I still purchased it. I thought all was good until I finished my photoshoot and found out that the SD card had been locked somehow and could not unlock. From personal experience let me advise you; If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is

If you have any spare SD cards lying around you could try to use one of them and see if it works. If it still doesn't work then you should try re-formatting the memory card. If it doesn't work yet again, then purchase a new one and try again. And if that doesn't work it's either a problem with the camera or the PC.

Reactions: Truman
You might have to send it in to Yuneec, Vertigo Drones, Terrestrial Imaging, or the Geek Squad for a repair

It happened after I took some pictures the day before on the same card, but after I formated it on my computer using it again the following day no pictures on the card, just the hard drive ?

Try cleaning out the inside where the mini card goes in the camera

For some reason they didnt go on the card, I'm starting to think because I formated the card on my computer ? This happened the day before so l switched the card took some pictures all was good, sent the pictures to my computer from that card, then formated it on my computer again thinking all was good ? The next morning took more pictures removed the card, no pictures again ? Since then I connected the controller to my computer see the pictures, just cant send them to the computer ? When I click on the drive from this pc it shows the pictures I took before I formatted the card ? I'm tottaly lost on this ?
The card would display on the ST16 it's capacity and whether it was seen by the CGO3+.

Good news I was able to get all the pictures, now should I delete them from the controller, theres 188 of them ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me