Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another telemetry question...

Reaction score
Reviewing my flights in UAV Toolbox has me wondering what the range is, good to bad, for FSK and GPS Acc. So far, I seem to be averaging around -56 for FSK, with a range from about -30 to -90. I noticed that as the number gets larger (ignoring the negative sign), it goes from green to red, and the cutoff for red seems to be around -85. I'm assuming that the occasional short foray into the red isn't of great concern, but when should I worry?

GPS Acc seems very consistent at .3, occasionally slightly higher, is this a good number, and how high can it go before getting concerned?

Like most, I'm seeing brief compass errors, all of which I think I can safely attribute to landing gear transitions. Last flight I focused on testing the Home function, seemed to work exactly as it's supposed to, and very consistently brought my H down ~24 feet away from me every time.

It also seems like my TB issues have cleared up, I had one motor loose on the arm, allowing the motor to twist slightly from torque, inducing drift. I replaced arm and motor, recalibrated compass and accelerometer, and now it seems nicely locked in. Still being cautious in my testing, though, I've still only had it in the air a handful of times, and most of those were just getting the airframe end of things sorted out. Hopefully, I'll be able to start working more with the camera soon, although it would be nice if the weather would warm up, flying with numb thumbs really isn't a lot of fun. Later.

Dave

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm pretty sure that fsk_RSSI unit is dBm (power attenuation based on 1mW). The transmitter chip CC2530/CC2592 datasheet says receiver sensitivity is between -97 to -101 dBm. I would say -85dBm is a good threshold to pay attention. Anything worse than -90dBm is dangerous. A bit more noise and the connection is lost - not good.

For gps_accH I think it is the HDOP - Dilution of precision (navigation) - Wikipedia
This is only an assumption but the values makes sense for that.
All below 1 is pretty good.

Compass calibration warnings seems to be normal behaviour for the 3D geomagnetic field measurement. I have hat this at Q500 and later at Typhoon H in the same way. If those error flags lasting longer than 3sec I weill pay attention on that and do a compass calibration.
Yuneec raises a warning message on ST16 when those error flags lasting longer than 5sec. This is their threshold.

br HE

but when should I worry?
I would not be concerned. If the signal is lost completely for about 3 seconds, RTH will be initiated and will fly back to the point where the signal is regained. You will lose video feed long before that point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval