Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna

Reaction score
I have a typhoon h pro.
I was thinking about upgrading my antennas to
"Long distance enhanced 1000m antenna signal for YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 RC Drone"
ANY THOUGHTS BEFOR I BUY?

Do you have more information about what you are considering?

No. The only other thing is a picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-195404_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-195404_eBay.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 36
So you want to swap out a pair of omni (omnidirectional) antennas for a different pair of omni antennas. Without having gain specifications for both of them for comparison you could easily end up going backwards.

The stock antennas on the ST-16 are ample for the designed range of use.

I believe this is not a good idea. It says the antennas have +6dB. +6dB based on what? This is advertisement without any technical meaning.
Maybe the 2.4GHz RC antenna may be a bit better than the stock antenna but the 5GHz for video never can be better than a patch or mushroom antenna. You will lose video range.

br HE

I have a typhoon h pro.
I was thinking about upgrading my antennas to
"Long distance enhanced 1000m antenna signal for YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 RC Drone"
ANY THOUGHTS BEFOR I BUY?
1000 meters = well over 3333 ft, seriously doubt you would be able to see the h480 at that distance without either binoculars or a spotter. Remember FAA rules are VLOS (visual line of sight). The height limitation which is set as default is 400ft, @ 400ft up the typhoon is a mere speck (believe me, have taken it up to 400ft & it's nerve rackingto say the least!) So if you think you would be able to control the H @ a 1000 feet out, sure try it and see if you can keep control over it and get it back in 1 piece...we should remember, just because the specs say so, does not mean we try so...

The thought I was having was not to get more range. (Evan though that is what they claim) But that If you have better antennas. You should never have to worry about signal loss.

The thought I was having was not to get more range. (Evan though that is what they claim) But that If you have better antennas. You should never have to worry about signal loss.
Why when theres a loss it'll RTH on its own, but video is different, which I've only experienced when flying behind me ?

With 2.4 and 5.8 there will always be possibility of signal loss, especially if there are any obstructions that can come between the transmitter and the aircraft. I’ve flown out in excess of 120 miles using a stronger 2.4 signal for the video carrier but to do so the aircraft (not a multirotor) had to be flown progressively higher to clear ground clutter and curvature of the earth for clear signal. Suffice to say that at 120 miles the aircraft had to be at 4000’ and higher to maintain video signal using a boosted 5’ diameter, position slaved, directional antenna.

What you have works fine for the design range when oriented correctly, kept clear of obstructions, and not conflicted by other signals.

Theres a guy in the UK that designed an antenna that he put on a tripod, and flew 14 MI. out, but had to land because he ran out of battery which by the looks he pieced that together as well ? I guess he's known for pushing the limits over there, someone mentioned about ham radios as far as the antenna set up, so I guess there's a correlation with antenna's ? Also he lost video for a second or two, but came back. Oh, and it was a mavic

Reactions: Aaron k
I am gonna swear by my Brownie tin for now . Had 5 test flights so far,signal very strong at 1600 ft. I'm hoping for 2000 strong . Good enough for me. Got the Idea from Captain Drone Tip #5 I believe. You tube him.. I may or can probably get that far without it,just gives me a littlesecurity. I never really asked anyone on here but would like to know if anyone else has tried this. To the pro's on here am I nuts .Be nice eh!! Keith C. Opinions appreciated,for sure.

Yea I have the 4hawks as well, which if I remember correctly its stated 10 mi. With the stock antennas, I flew it out as far as I could see over the ocean til it was a dot, so I came back no need to go that far ?

99% of the time, EU firmware is weaker so video loss can be a problem.

Yes this is my main gripe as I live in Ireland and the video signal strength is very poor. Has anyone flashed the US firmware on an EU H Plus?

Also flyin far, and high after you look down at your controller, you'll loose sight of it ? Leaves you to scan the sky in hopes of re-locating it again, thank god for RTH til you regain a visual again ? Dont laugh it happens to the best.

I love my return to home
switch.
Remember it is meant for
Video.
Not Distance.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members