Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

antennas 1 on ST16 other in box

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a typhoon H Pro and and it came with 2 different types of antenna one that was fitted to the ST16 for camera (see picture 1)
And the other one was in the box as a spare I presume but it's totally different, again (see picture 2) ?
So any ideas why they give me 2 antenna is one more powerful than the other ? Any help is always appreciated,
Ron.
IMG_20200528_113735.jpegIMG_20200528_113200.jpeg

The mushroom antenna is more omni-directional... the flat square antenna is more specifically directional... thus the directions on the label to keep the flat portion pointed at the aircraft. (after removing the label and mounting). When oriented correctly, the square antenna will generally, give more range.

The first one is an omnidirectional antenna. They are used when you want to have a good signal all around you but not for a very far distance. The other one is a patch antenna. They have the strongest signal in a right angle to the yellow sticker. That is why they tell you to point it directly on the aircraft. In front of the antenna the signal is very strong compared to the other one but as soon as you leave that area it becomes quiet weak.

In summary you will use the round antenna if you are flying somewhere close to you and the square on if you want to go far but only in front of you.

The first one is an omnidirectional antenna. They are used when you want to have a good signal all around you but not for a very far distance. The other one is a patch antenna. They have the strongest signal in a right angle to the yellow sticker. That is why they tell you to point it directly on the aircraft. In front of the antenna the signal is very strong compared to the other one but as soon as you leave that area it becomes quiet weak.

In summary you will use the round antenna if you are flying somewhere close to you and the square on if you want to go far but only in front of you.
Many thanks for the help

Many thanks for the help
I should mention: The mushroom should be pointed straight up, not straight out. The flat top of that antenna will receive no signal at all. It receives around the circular body.
Also, the "stick" antennas should be pointed up and at an angle to form a "V".

ST16 Antennas.jpg

Really
I should mention: The mushroom should be pointed straight up, not straight out. The flat top of that antenna will receive no signal at all. It receives around the circular body.
Also, the "stick" antennas should be pointed up and at an angle to form a "V".

View attachment 22091
Really appreciate the information always a great help when you're reasonably new to flying drones,
Thanks

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430