Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any news for Q500 4K update or new model?

Reaction score
Just as the title states, does anyone have any news or tips on updates to the Q500 4K? It's been out for over a year now. I hope Yuneec does not move away from the platform, as it offers excellent value and is a fun, stable drone.

Looking at the series as a whole, in comparison to DJI's Phantom series, we should be due for an update soon (maybe this summer?).

Yuneec: Q500, Q500+, Typhoon G, Q500 4K
DJI: Phantom 1, 2, 3, 4 (different configuration options as well, i.e. Standard, Advance, Pro)

Ok called yuneec UK yesterday they said the latest firmware is on the UK site that was posted in 2015 I also asked is it a case that yuneec will forget about the Q500 for new updates and they said no they will not forget about it and once new updates are available for it the site will be updated so here is hoping they do stick with it as I just bought mine 2days ago from drones direct

Thanks. I was thinking a newer model with perhaps dual-GPS, better range, and whatever the latest drone features are. Maybe a Q600 4K with a little more speed and maneuverability. I really like the body style of the Q500 series and hope they continue it. Even though DJI introduced the Mavic, they are still pushing new models with the current P4. Rumor has it the P5 may be coming next year.

Yes I know what u mean you think they would not leave it that long between updates so hope they stick to their word or I have wasted my money not even flown my Q500 yet

I will do wing shooter by the way what is the recommended wind speed the Q500 can fly in I have a app called UAV weather seems a good app

@Thomas111 Yuneec recommends no more than 15mph. A constant breeze is different than gusty tho. Also the wind may feel calm where you are standing but aloft it could be different. Try to look around at Tree Tops to get indication of how the wind is aloft.

And on the subject of the Q500 and updates, I think the only updates that may come out of Yuneec in the future would be bug updates. They will most likely not add any NEW features to the Q500. I like the Q500 platform. I have considered getting another bird just for the new features they have. But I don't I get to fly my Q500 as often as I would like so why invest in a second bird. At least that is my reasoning. I have my regular DSLR Photography I do so that fills in my non flying gaps.

Reactions: Jafo
I doubt too that there will be many more updates to the Q500's.
The Q's fly well with a reasonable speed and the bounce effect has been dealt with probably as best they can.
When was the last time you had a new display driver for your computer? I'll bet it's been years since it was last updated.
Point being... no need to "Fix" something that's working well.
Jmo thanks

I think as far a flying is concerned , it can't be better. It's a camera platform and not a racer. Fly it closer to the ground and you'll see that it's fast enough. One good addition woud be if like the Phantom 4 the Q500 could "see" obstacles and refuse to fly forward, aswell as maintaining its height above ground level .

@Thomas111 Yuneec recommends no more than 15mph. A constant breeze is different than gusty tho. Also the wind may feel calm where you are standing but aloft it could be different. Try to look around at Tree Tops to get indication of how the wind is aloft.

And on the subject of the Q500 and updates, I think the only updates that may come out of Yuneec in the future would be bug updates. They will most likely not add any NEW features to the Q500. I like the Q500 platform. I have considered getting another bird just for the new features they have. But I don't I get to fly my Q500 as often as I would like so why invest in a second bird. At least that is my reasoning. I have my regular DSLR Photography I do so that fills in my non flying gaps.
I think as far a flying is concerned , it can't be better. It's a camera platform and not a racer. Fly it closer to the ground and you'll see that it's fast enough. One good addition woud be if like the Phantom 4 the Q500 could "see" obstacles and refuse to fly forward, aswell as maintaining its height above ground level .
I would love to see the unique q500 4K get waypoints

Reactions: Thomas111
Sid - although that would indeed be cool.. Upgrade to a H will offer that and more. CC is amazing (cable cam), and combined with UAV TOOLBOX (UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16)
The H becomes an incredible tool for Cinematography

Sid - although that would indeed be cool.. Upgrade to a H will offer that and more. CC is amazing (cable cam), and combined with UAV TOOLBOX (UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16)
The H becomes an incredible tool for Cinematography
Yes I am currently saving up for one now but if they could do that for the q500 it will be sweet is it possible to bind that st16 to the q500

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz