Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone here have any unusual hobbies out side of droning?

Reaction score
I am an inventor & carpenter in my spare time. I have a few dozen designs and a few patents. I build light sculptures with wood and LED lights. It's a lot of work but very therapeutic. Probably the most relaxing thing I have ever found. I will sometimes spend a month working on a single piece, engineering and designing it then rendering the raw materials and then assembling it one piece at a time. I build them %100 by hand except for the LED lights. I buy those in bulk and modify them if needed. I just finished small tabletop model here, which is the 16th consecutive design in this series.

Miniature LED sculpture 2.jpgMiniature LED sculpture.jpg

Reactions: Mr. I
That's very cool, and those are beautiful sculptures :)

Not as creative, but when I'm not flying I ride one of these awesome electric unicycles... this one's a Gotway MSuper18V3.

Attachments

• msuper-QECP-1.jpg
    msuper-QECP-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: Mr. I and biltno
I'm a Bee Keeper so I'm sticky and smell sweet LOL.

I shoot firearms and love to fly fish.

I wouldn’t call mine unusual, but I make river fly bait, and I don’t even go fly river fishing.

Reactions: BigAl07
My hobby before this one was I was the top repped member at laserpointerforum and have built a LOT of handheld lasers. Owned over 400 i believe at one point. Wrote a tutorial about how to turn those cheapo $5 ebay lasers in green red or purple (532nm, 650nm, 405nm) Into adjustable focus burners that easily light stuff like matches and most darker things. It's actually quite difficult to buy a pen type laser that is under the legal limit of 5mW. The greens are very visible but generally under 50mW while most of the red and purples are around the 100mW range and can easily pop balloons and the like. Can sting really bad on the skin depending on how dark your skin is. My most powerful handheld is over 7W:) Still probably have 150-200 lasers. Got bored though as the release of new wavelengths and outputs really dropped.

Reactions: Mr. I and BigAl07
I like to weld. My dad is a welder, I kinda take after him. I love to make swords. I don't actually use them, I just make them. After I'm done. I'm ready to make another one. Made this one for a friend. Took me about 6 hours to make. Besides that, I play paintball and airsoft. Love to bike. Kinda one of those jack of all trades type of guy.IMG_7993.JPG

I like to weld. My dad is a welder, I kinda take after him. I love to make swords. I don't actually use them, I just make them. After I'm done. I'm ready to make another one. Made this one for a friend. Took me about 6 hours to make. Besides that, I play paintball and airsoft. Love to bike. Kinda one of those jack of all trades type of guy.View attachment 12900
Nice work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval