Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone sorted an external monitor from ST16 HDMI?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've searched numerous threads on this forum and others but not really found a confident solution from anyone. It seems that a number of people have had problems linking their ST16 to an external monitor. I'd like to do this so that a camera man or client can get a really good view. Ideally I'd like to use a larger screen than the 7 inch one on the ST16: 12" or bigger would be great, though I don't really know what is available and what would fit on a tripod!

So, some questions:

Has anyone got a reliable setup that they can describe please?
Can anyone recommend a monitor?
What are you powering your monitor from?
Has Yuneec sorted/ identified the problem?

Thanks guys!
Andy

PS, I've taken the plunge, bought an H and am very happy with it so thank you all for your help so far.

I have worked with external monitor...but don't work everytime from first second...sometimes I must go in HDMI settings ...and when I plugged then again it get working alone...but if it's on...no break and stable double pic from st16

I haven't used a separate monitor while flying yet, that's something definitely on the agenda though. I do connect the -16 to a 40" TV/monitor in the house from time to time and it works just fine.

I haven't tried a monitor, but I did connect the ST16 to my 40" HDTV via HDMI cable and looked at my video & stills on that screen. WOW, does that make a difference! However, that wouldn't do well outdoors trying to set it up, especially if I were up in the mountains somewhere! ;-)

Hi folks,

I've searched numerous threads on this forum and others but not really found a confident solution from anyone. It seems that a number of people have had problems linking their ST16 to an external monitor. I'd like to do this so that a camera man or client can get a really good view. Ideally I'd like to use a larger screen than the 7 inch one on the ST16: 12" or bigger would be great, though I don't really know what is available and what would fit on a tripod!

So, some questions:

Thanks guys!
Andy

PS, I've taken the plunge, bought an H and am very happy with it so thank you all for your help so far.

Well done you will enjoy the H. The best monitor that works out of the box is one I have just bought - F&V F3 Metalica. There is a cheaper model of the F3 that should be the same but without the frills. I have others such as Liliput and Black Pearl that don't work.

Hi folks,

So, some questions:

Thanks guys!
Andy

I use an Ipad. works perfect! Just download the CGO3 app.

I'll try hooking to my Asus T100T notebook computer, Windows 10. The display is detachable, about 10", and light.

Now I have to order a micro HDMI adapter. I swear I've got some around here, but can't find one. Do have a cable that will hook to the ST-16, other end is a mini? Must be 3 sizes.

I'll try hooking to my Asus T100T notebook computer, Windows 10. The display is detachable, about 10", and light.

Now I have to order a micro HDMI adapter. I swear I've got some around here, but can't find one. Do have a cable that will hook to the ST-16, other end is a mini? Must be 3 sizes.

Thanks guys, so far Rayray your potential option looks great as it's portable and bigger than the ST16 screen. Please let me know how you get on with that. Could be ideal

When looked at my footage yesterday for the first time on my 65 inches HD TV, it was so nice. I saw things i didn't even noticed when i was filming ! Some people waving hello the the H for example !

I contacted customer service however, my HDMI output on the ST16 is having problems. It's kind of loose inside. Or too deep. I had to keep pressure on the HDMI connection so i wouldn't loose signal. And i had to be carefull not to move even a little or i was loosing the signal. I tried 5 HDMI cables i had and all of them were doing the same thing. So people could think the HDMI out not working is a software problems but the HDMI output is the real problem.

Cheers !

Well done you will enjoy the H. The best monitor that works out of the box is one I have just bought - F&V F3 Metalica. There is a cheaper model of the F3 that should be the same but without the frills. I have others such as Liliput and Black Pearl that don't work.

I don't want to sound cheap but $300.00 for a 7" monitor seems a bit steep.

Thanks guys, so far Rayray your potential option looks great as it's portable and bigger than the ST16 screen. Please let me know how you get on with that. Could be ideal

Will not work. The laptop HDMI will only output, no way to use the screen from another device. Have to use a tablet with HDMI input capability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz