Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone tried binding H480 using a H920+ profile on ST16?

Reaction score
Hi,
so did anyone try to take your ST16, make a H920 profile and then bind it to an actual H480 copter? Or, more interestingly, did anyone try to fly it? :D

I tried binding it, and it seems to work flawlessly. Telemetry is there, all controls seem to work, video signal from CGO3+ is perfect.

I can go to task mode, turn on the map and plan out a route, and it nicely displays the position of the copter... But that's as far as I went. Didn't dare to fly it this way... yet :D.

Anyone here braver than me?

Yes I fly regularly using this method but with the 480 profile. I would definitely not recommend using the 920 profile.

Yes.. and it works but not advisable. There is a tread on how to modify the 480 file to give it the 920 options.

I've heard some reports that waypoint missions do not work reliably with the 920 options - the H920 flight controller is a bit different from the H. However, I've not been able to confirm this and haven't had the time to properly test it.

Any news on this? I have tried it yesterday on an updated firmware but nothing happened. If I use the 920 profile, it binds sometimes, most of the time it doesn't. When it binds, and I try to start the motors, it doesn't start, but it says it's bound to that. Then if I use Waypoints, it says "connecting to aircraft" but will never connect.

On the other hand, when i modified the H profile from type 401 to type 403, it doesn't bind to the H at all. And if I try to manually bind it, it cannot find the H even if i try to scan it many times.

Try the solution that Gurusonwheels provided.
That works (but you have do the camera work by hand, up to now).

Yes I have tried that, changing the manifest file's "type 401" to "type 403".

But if I change that data, the program automatically recognizes H as 920, and it doesn't bind. It doesn't even recognize the 2.4GHz radio broadcast of the H for the RX.

No, you download the file Guru put on this forum and follow the advice how to download that profile into your ST.
Works perfectly.

{edit: download https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/fpv-typhoon-h-2017-03-16-19-49-43-zip.6061/ and unzip.

1) Insert a formatted SD card into the ST16

2) Tap Model select, then "Ok" on the warning screen

3) Press and hold the "Typhoon H" icon

4) Tap "Export"

5) Tap "external card"

6) Remove card

7) Insert SD card in PC. Open card and find the import folder and open it

8) Remove the copy of Typhoon H that is within the folder and replace with the new Typhoon H profile that you dowloaded and unzipped from this forum.

9) Ummount SD card from you laptop/pc and put in back in ST16

10) Click on "Model select" again and this time you will need to tap on "New Model"

11) Select Import and you should see the new profile file which you need to "tap". Note: It will still say "no model found" onthis screen.

12) After "tapping" the new profile file, you will see a new model called "Typhoon H w/WAY"

13) Tap the new icon and then do the binding process as you normally would.

Hope this helps....

#77 Forrestt, Nov 2, 2017 }

Last edited:
Yuneec support emailed me on how to do it. My ST16 had a profile already on. It bound straight away. Haven't flown on it due to winter in the UK but assume if Yuneec offered a how to, it is probably ok. I'm going to try it in spring in a wide open space and map a route. Then film it in different ways to try it. Seems really easy. Did an update prior to binding.

Yuneec support emailed me on how to do it. My ST16 had a profile already on. It bound straight away. Haven't flown on it due to winter in the UK but assume if Yuneec offered a how to, it is probably ok. I'm going to try it in spring in a wide open space and map a route. Then film it in different ways to try it. Seems really easy. Did an update prior to binding.

Yeh.
That 920 profile is on everyones ST (or at least it is alo on mine). Pity you do not elaborate on eventual particularities of binding it and the recommendations of the Yuneec support.

Well, there is an awful lot to be found on this forum about this (using search function on this forum). Also please find the statements the H flies quite differently when it is bound by the 920 profile. The mentioned Guru-modified H-profile flies as smooth as the H can be (I fly it for over three months now). Easy step-by-step installation quoted above in message #8.

Nevertheless one is of course free and welcome to re-invent the square wheel, and there may very well be something to be learnt from that. The most important issue seems to be the automated photographing.

:)

What is the end result of this procedure?
Masking the same H480 with alternate Profile so you can have multiple profiles of same H480 on ST16 and able to switch profiles?

The result is having a modified profile on your ST, and by choosing to bind your H with that profile being able to fly the H with the mapping software used on the 920.

Interesting... I wasn't aware the H920's had a mapping/grid application or function. I thought the H520 was the only one that contained mapping software. The H920+ has mapping application available? How utilized if your ST16 was for H480, isn't the application or component of app on the RC? I knew it could utilize the Geotag GPS of the CGO3+ if installed but that's not mapping. The CGO4 lacks Geotag and method to use GPS with Camera.

I'd be interested in knowing how, would give a better reason for a H920+.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I believe the 920 has waypoint software not mapping or grid software

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I believe the 920 has waypoint software not mapping or grid software

You are correct, the 920 does not have mapping software at all, nor can mapping software be added to it. The 920 has waypoint flight plan capability and allows the camera to be auto aimed and triggered upon reaching the waypoint. The camera aim points, and what the camera does, have to be established individually by the operator for each waypoint when setting up a waypoint flight. There are no provisions for setting up a waypoint flight on a computer and later uploading the mission to the aircraft. Everything has to be done at the ST-16 or ST-24. There's a big difference between following a map and making one. Info about all that is in the 920 and Pro Action/CGO-4 manuals for those that want to read them.

For those flying an H and wanting to do mapping work I'll propose Tuna's UAV Toolbox as a better solution.

Last edited:
You are correct, the 920 does not have mapping software at all, nor can mapping software be added to it. The 920 has waypoint capability and allows the camera to be auto aimed and triggered upon reaching the waypoint. The camera aim points, and what the camera does, have to be established individually by the operator when setting up a waypoint flight. That info is in the 920 and Pro Action manuals for those that wanted to read them.
Hmmm... Doesn't the new FW of H480 have way point too? In reading the various Typhoon H manuals, maybe I've errored and combined different models in memory.

The H480 has CCC which is pre-recorded GPS pts for route, essentially freeing up pilot focus & controls for photography. I thought it also had waypoints too. Actually some YouTube's refered to CCC as waypoints too.

So it takes the H920+ profile hack bound to H480 for waypoints? Along this line, doesn't the UAV Toolbox provide this and other features such as grid / map?

Off shelf question: is this testable with the simulator. Since it's still windy & sub-freeze here, not to motivated to learn outside yet.

I have a 920 Plus. Dougcjohn has a 920;). The Plus is a very good machine. The 920 is better.
Smoke eh?:rolleyes: LoL... I have the the capable Tool, but lack the knowledge or skill acquired to fully use the Tool. I'm a convert from the darkside.. Mavic & Inspire1. Learning from all you Yuneec Masters! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me