Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone works in construction?

RPR

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I have been closely following this forum, and wondering. How is your H520 flying lately? As the course of my sites are taking shape, with new workload, I have been eyeing the H520.

I do Commercial Ops with my H520, and my Mavic and even with my Spark (ssshhhh our lil secret).

To be honest, my H520 is the one I take for "Show & Tell" when I'm trying to gain new clients. At the end of the day the DATA is what matters but the H520 gives the impression of the Real Deal. My clients never see the Mavic or Spark and the H520 is on all of my flyers, brochures and commercial literature that I give out.

I have been doing a good bit of work for my county Govt with my H520 and the CGOET and the future looks very bright at the moment because of the H520 and CGOET combination.

For regular construction progress shots and mapping I'm still using my DJI equipment because it's easy/quick to pack/unpack and more options in terms of Applications that I can use.

For utility pole inspections and cell towers, what drone would you suggest?

Last edited:
I do Commercial Ops with my H520, and my Mavic and even with my Spark (ssshhhh our lil secret).

To be honest, my H520 is the one I take for "Show & Tell" when I'm trying to gain new clients. At the end of the day the DATA is what matters but the H520 gives the impression of the Real Deal. My clients never see the Mavic or Spark and the H520 is on all of my flyers, brochures and commercial literature that I give out.

I have been doing a good bit of work for my county Govt with my H520 and the CGOET and the future looks very bright at the moment because of the H520 and CGOET combination.

For regular construction progress shots and mapping I'm still using my DJI equipment because it's easy/quick to pack/unpack and more options in terms of Applications that I can use.

Truth be told! I separate my workload and assign a sUAS accordingly, most of the build that I am assigned to are at 40% and some are 75% doc. I use my H+ for inspection, due to the camera and has been enjoy working with it this past couple of weeks.

I have been following your post and setup, and I want to get into HVAC, and I think a guy that flies doing HVAC inspection belongs in your forum. I love how those guys operate with precision, specially in tall buildings.

This kind of work sparked interest in me, and the price range of an H520 with CGOET comes out less than the competitor.

Reading the forums for days on end on here and other chatter. This craft seems to be solid.

Thank you for talking the time to reply, Al.

For utility pole inspections and cell towers, what drone would you suggest?

Unfortunately I don't have any REAL experience in that field as far as paying gigs. I worked with a local pilot who does this for a living (he works for the power company as their lead sUAS pilot and Director...SWEET gig) and he took me in the field with him last fall to show me the ropes. He was using an M210 RTK and an Inspire 1 V2 both with a massive zoom lens. He told me the key to inspections is getting the right camera/lens set up so you don't need to fly too close to the equipment. Apparently some "power lines" are more noisy/interference than others and he prefers to remain well clear and just ZOOM in.

On the trip I went on he was inspecting and documenting a series of "transformers" and "isolators" on a rural mountain run of High Voltage lines. He never got any closer than 50' to any particular unit and he was taking detailed images and reading "tag #'s on components.

I would say the H520 with a good zoom camera would more than suffice because I saw where a couple of "Industrial Inspections"gigs were only requiring a P4 or better in terms of camera. Sorry I can't be any more specific but I'm not "fluent" in the H520 camera options as I'm operating with the CGOET and loving it for my uses. Keep in mind I'm NOT needing to do insanely High Res or Zoom images so the CGOET is performing very well for our needs.

Disclaimer: I used the terms I "think" are correct from our 1-day Line Inspection. If I used the wrong terms etc don't shoot me I'm "shooting from the hip".

Reactions: arruntus
Truth be told! I separate my workload and assign a sUAS accordingly, most of the build that I am assigned to are at 40% and some are 75% doc. I use my H+ for inspection, due to the camera and has been enjoy working with it this past couple of weeks.

I have been following your post and setup, and I want to get into HVAC, and I think a guy that flies doing HVAC inspection belongs in your forum. I love how those guys operate with precision, specially in tall buildings.

This kind of work sparked interest in me, and the price range of an H520 with CGOET comes out less than the competitor.

Reading the forums for days on end on here and other chatter. This craft seems to be solid.

Thank you for talking the time to reply, Al.

You're very welcome for the reply. Keep in mind that I'm fairly new to the H520 family but not new to drones or construction. Please take my advice with a large grain of salt as I'm still learning the methods and terminology for Yuneec and the H520.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there an option for a CGOET for the H+? Seems like that might be a better option since you already own the H+.

Same here @AH_1G
I don’t have real experience as well. I took photos of high tension towers once, but it wasn’t as meticulous as, I think what you are going to do, the tower that I took photos of was not live. I placed Pacific Gas & Electric on my website, because the work that I primarily do for them starts from the trenches to the layout.

You will be pioneering this field as real life experienced operator using the H520 as the sUAS to do the mission.

Good luck, man and keep us posted.

You're very welcome for the reply. Keep in mind that I'm fairly new to the H520 family but not new to drones or construction. Please take my advice with a large grain of salt as I'm still learning the methods and terminology for Yuneec and the H520.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there an option for a CGOET for the H+? Seems like that might be a better option since you already own the H+.

Ohh no.. H520, with CGOET. I want to get into HVAC in the near future.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech