Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Assessing the danger of drone strike: unique test bench to measure collision impact

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LBasco1
“847,000 in private and commercial use, in Germany, by 2030.”

1) How many of those are being purchased today and expected to still be in service in 11 years?

2) of those 847,000 UAS, how many will actually be in flight at the same time?

I have seven if I count my Hubsans. [emoji41]. Ok, four that actually see the skies and of those, only one at a time.

I’m not in Germany, but the same rebuttal applies every time we see these predictions of doom and gloom.

Oh, and flying near manned aircraft - never.

Anyone fail to see my point?

Jeff

Dokument nicht gefunden

Not sure what happened to the page. Perhaps I screwed up, darn thats the second time in 62 years. I need to rethink things I guess :)

Last edited:
From a “public outlet” perspective it should be considered new as the story just hit main stream media today.

I haven't found any drones weighing 3 kg that fly at 150, 115.....110 meters a second.....45 mph equals 66 ft per second.....German ignorance
But the drone and the plane might get to that? 2 moving objects.

I haven't found any drones weighing 3 kg that fly at 150, 115.....110 meters a second.....45 mph equals 66 ft per second.....German ignorance

It’s not the speed of the drone that makes speed a factor, unless it’s a drone that can fly at 50-80-100 knots. It’s the speed of the full scale.

If anyone wants to test that out just stand in front of a car moving 100+ miles an hour. If you’re standing still you will experience the effects of a 100 mph collision with a solid object. If you are moving 20mph the kinetic energy will equal a 120mph collision.

So a full scale moving at whatever speed impacting even a motionless drone will experience kinetic impact energy equal to the speed it is moving at. The physics were established a long time ago; energy = mass x velocity2.

Last edited:
It was told in road safety adverts, it's the combined speed and you could die even if both vehicles were going 15mph, it was x2 so a 30mph crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech