Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Audio

Reaction score
I am helping a marching band with my drone but can't figure out how to record audio on my phone, is it possible?

So you want to record audio from the drone ? I don't have one myself so can't confirm if it actually CAN do audio, but even it does, all you will hear is the sound of motors and propellers, to the exclusion of everything else... you wouldn't even be able to hear that a band was there !! In fact, generally speaking the ONLY reason you would ever need the audio off the craft itself is if you want to monitor motor noise under certain flight conditions to check that things are working as expected...

If you mean 'can you record audio from your phone's mic', then yes of course; there are hundreds of apps that can do that, but I am unsure of the wisdom of running such apps in competition for resources with the main system flying your drone, especially one that uses sound input for commands !

So in conclusion I would have to say the following: If you need to record the sound of a marching band, use an audio field recorder, and forget trying to get audio off the mantis. You can always combine the output of that with your aerial video in the edit of course, so this isn't necessarily a big loss...

Last edited:
Reactions: alecs123
So you want to record audio from the drone ? I don't have one myself so can't confirm if it actually CAN do audio, but even it does, all you will hear is the sound of motors and propellers, to the exclusion of everything else... you wouldn't even be able to hear that a band was there !! In fact, generally speaking the ONLY reason you would ever need the audio off the craft itself is if you want to monitor motor noise under certain flight conditions to check that things are working as expected...

If you mean 'can you record audio from your phone's mic', then yes of course; there are hundreds of apps that can do that, but I am unsure of the wisdom of running such apps in competition for resources with the main system flying your drone, especially one that uses sound input for commands !

So in conclusion I would have to say the following: If you need to record the sound of a marching band, use an audio field recorder, and forget trying to get audio off the mantis. You can always combine the output of that with your aerial video in the edit of course, so this isn't necessarily a big loss...
That you for the input. I think I will just use a different device for the audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis