Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Automated Grid flight UAV toolbox

Reaction score
Guys now that I passed my part 107 FAA exam im looking into using the typhoon H for roofing inspectiins which is in high demand down here in S Fla.

Since some of these inspections cover large areas such as big box retailers and because of regulations i might be limitdd to 50'-100' flights I was looking for a solution that can fly a grid pattern much like pix 4d for the dji.

Can anyone share any tips on configuring a automated grid style flight for mapping or large area inspections?

Right now it seems i will have to set my camera to timelapse and fly it on a grid manually drawn out in UAV toolbox or do a completly manual flight.

It would be nice for Yuneec to allow the CCC feature to evolve into a tool that can facilitate commercial applications or if UAV toolbox incorporates this feature for a premium version of the software.DroneSAR-DJI-search-and-rescue-grid-1024x768.jpg

Thoughts?

The timelapse feature is perfect for capturing images, and I've had some success with my app manually creating grids - it doesn't have to be millimetre perfect to get good results. Here's a quick video on the subject:

I hope to be able to add a proper grid feature to UAV Toolbox, but there are a lot of demands on my time at the moment with different drone projects. If anyone wants to sponsor the work, it sure would help.

Tuna , yeah I saw that video. I'll start working with what you've made so far and I can gladly sponsor the development of the idea. By next week jobs should start coming in . Right now I'm stuck with getting Google play to work on the st16 to install apps. Thanks

That's a cool find Billy having to use a PC isn't a big deal I have a surface that's pretty portable. I will give it a shot later in the week. It looks almost official, is this a third party development or it comes straight from yuneec?

Reactions: Kc7ewz
Im not sure. DroneClone showed ot to me.

Ok,

Found the thread on it Hplan - Typhoon H CCC route planning web app

I think i got it to work with google chrome. The standard Microsoft browser get hung up in the save function and firefox get stuck just creating the grid.

There appears to be a bug in grid mode elevation when setting it to imperial units. When you set the initial main altitude of your way points it would retain them into the final flight path creation, it will add anywhere from 30'-200' over what you set but maxes out at 400'. Its a pain to go point by point fixing

It works fine in metric though it retains the correct height and allows for a max 122 meters.

I got the .ccc file on the computer does anyone know what folder i stick it into the st-16?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Ok,

I think i got it to work with google chrome. The standard Microsoft browser get hung up in the save function and firefox get stuck just creating the grid.

I got the .ccc file on the computer does anyone know what folder i stick it into the st-16?

View attachment 5474
Thats a good question...im not sure. I actually looked for a ccc folder to share a ccc with a friend

I think i found it. In pad mode....go to file manager, then select flight mode, then the mission data folder.

The exported file to root/sdcard/flightmode/mission_data/ it will be available when you go to Task mode, select CCC and then List.

Reactions: BillyTexas
I was never able to get the grid planner to work on Flight Plan H, it never created the file. I emailed the developer and never received an answer. At least Tuna replies to us

I was never able to get the grid planner to work on Flight Plan H, it never created the file. I emailed the developer and never received an answer. At least Tuna replies to us

use chrome on a windows pc ....you have to click the little square grid icon on the top then hit create grid button on the interface then save lights up and you click it

Hello does anyone know if we can change the battery part way through are flight path and then start off were we needed to stop.
I ran a 24 way point flight path ,trial and error ,started off way to slow and around way point 17 got a low battery warning, landed reloaded and started over again, raced through the first 16 way points then slowed down and started camera and finished the shoot ,UAV Toolbox worked fine I think it was just me not knowing what i'm doing

Hello does anyone know if we can change the battery part way through are flight path and then start off were we needed to stop.
I ran a 24 way point flight path ,trial and error ,started off way to slow and around way point 17 got a low battery warning, landed reloaded and started over again, raced through the first 16 way points then slowed down and started camera and finished the shoot ,UAV Toolbox worked fine I think it was just me not knowing what i'm doing
Thats a good question. Have you tried after starting the ccc tapping on the waypoint you want to continue from? Just a thought.

Tried but the window in top left only shows first 3 way points and wouldn't let me scroll down any farther, I'm sure there must be a way ,just haven't figured it out yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem