Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Autopilot Version N/A - Typhoon H

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am currently having an issue with my H. I am seeing autopilot version N/A - Typhoon H

I have attempted the 1.28 flash and update to current firmware procedure as documented in Yuneec's videos and while it says update successful in all cases. I still can not see the auto pilot version.
I have checked all the pin connections on the camera as well as the 6 pins on the aircraft.
I have checked wires and connections in the camera as well as on the pins on the aircraft's board.

As a result I have display from the camera but no control over tilt or pan (however if asked to do a 30 panorama the gimbal performs normally)
I can not switch to team mode as some have advised a troubleshooting step (it just goes back to single)
I can not calibrate the gimbal, it ignores the request.

Additionally GPS signal is dropping intermittently (though this occurred on a power up right after the last upgrade attempt and the aircraft was only on for about 5 mins so it may be unrelated and just did not have adequate time to fully squire. Yes this was outdoors.)

Also worth noting this is after a crash (two front arms were replaced).

Any advice would be appreciated.

It is also worth noting that I have created a new model and rebound.
I have also cleared flight log data etc upon updates and rebinds.

The 1.28 is an old version of firmware for unbricking the H and it is not compatible with the current firmware. You need version 1.35 to flash the flight controller prior to installing the firmware.

Thanks for the quick reply Keith
I litteraly just went through the 1.35 procedure but sadly I have the same result. I am discussing the issue with Steve at present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Update: I had access to another CGO3+ when I put it on and bound to it my Autopilot version immediately showed up. Still troubleshooting why that might be. I will update when a solution is found.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The plot thickens. It's rather amazing the camera would report the firmware version on the gimbal and the camera but prevent the reporting of the H firmware version. It is obviously a communication issue between the camera and the H but the com path is a mystery at the moment.

With the other camera on my typhoon I get:

Autopilot:v1.35
Gimbal:v1.25
Camera:v3.2.34

With my camera on I get:

Autopilot: N/A Typhoon H
Gimbal:v1.25
Camera:v3.2.34

Just a quick update. I have not lost sight of this, but have not had a chance to troubleshoot much further. My current hypothesis is that the white wire has broken somewhere, but I have not had a chance to continuity test or anything. I will keep this updated as I move on. Not likely to be until next week.

Final update. The culprit was indeed the white wire. I had broken near the slip ring, but not torn the insulation. After replacing the slip ring with one out of a donor gimbal everything is working and reporting normally.

Reactions: AH-1G and Mrgs1
Final update. The culprit was indeed the white wire. I had broken near the slip ring, but not torn the insulation. After replacing the slip ring with one out of a donor gimbal everything is working and reporting normally.
Good news, another problem the slip ring assemblies are getting a rare "in stock" item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop