Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backyard Critters

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
What critters visit your backyard?

Since I posted the picture of a Texas Tree Rat (squirrel), I have lots of interesting visitors. Many types of birds, an occasional snake, opossums, racoons.....and to the utter delight of my Beagle, a bunny lives around here somewhere. Bunnies are like Beagle Crack......when he's going bananas at the back door, I know the bunny is there. I open the door and he peels out after it, but never seems to catch it....the bunny goes under the fence to the neighbors yard. I've seen him in my front yard too....so he lives around here somewhere.

I also get these guys, Texas Spiny Lizards. Years ago I had a big one, 12+ inches, a big boy, but I guess he moved on or someone caught him. For the past couple years I've been seeing this guy in my Bradford Pear....he's about 8" long......shot this image this morning....was rinsing the bird bath and refilling the feeder when I saw him so grabbed the camera.

Nice shot! Around my place Alligator lizards are the cat's fancy. She'll spend hours searching them out. Good to see you've found there are a lot of interesting photo subjects around the home front. Sometimes we have to look for them but something will always be there.

What did you shoot that with?

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thanks!
D810, 70-200 2.8.
200mm, f/2.8, 1/250, ISO 100

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me