Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad signal with controller (mantis q)

Reaction score
Hello i have a litlle problem with my controller, i have bad sginal from 30-50m distance from me, i bought a range extdner made by plastic and aluminium how's look like this (the picture attached)
I moddifed that range booster for me but dosen't work...

I have seen a post on this forum that someone has antennas attached to the remote and they are not the original and I would like to find some to mount them if they help with something

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 36
This is a very short distance, indeed.

Be sure your phone wifi does not connect to the Mantis Q, I suggest to switch phone wifi off.

When tablet/phone connects via Wifi to Mantis Q, the App uses Phone Mode, one could see wirtual joysticks on the screen

In this mode, maximun range is around 30-40 meters, because of phone limitations.

When using the controller, you should be capable of greater ranges. In previous EU firmware version 1.1.06 more than 300 m, now with EU firmware version 1.1.07 it is possible to obtain more tan 500 m.

This is without any modification to the hardware out of the box.

Thank you, I fly with my drone aprox max 800m but I lost video signal on 200m... Or sometimes is lagging

Hi guys i have one question im new on yuneec mantis q i buy it yestrday and today i try flight but aprox 300m i lose signal and drone come back...i use wifi to see picture but if i turn off wifi on phone how can i than fly with drone if i not see picture?

Where buy that extender?
Hello i have a litlle problem with my controller, i have bad sginal from 30-50m distance from me, i bought a range extdner made by plastic and aluminium how's look like this (the picture attached)
I moddifed that range booster for me but dosen't work...

I have seen a post on this forum that someone has antennas attached to the remote and they are not the original and I would like to find some to mount them if they help with something

Hi guys i have one question im new on yuneec mantis q i buy it yestrday and today i try flight but aprox 300m i lose signal and drone come back...i use wifi to see picture but if i turn off wifi on phone how can i than fly with drone if i not see picture?

Excuse the delay, I have been out last weeks.

The controller connects with its own wifi internal module, and uses the phone and app to display video, data and some controls (not flying controls). In this mode you don't need phone's wifi. Phone's wifi/data are only used to download firmware updates (BTW, phone's GPS is used only to show pilot's position).

If you reach 300 meters, you're using the controller for sure. If you can't see image turning off phone's wifi, it appears to me that you are not connecting the phone to the controller with the cable, and it is connecting directly to the mantis Q to obtain video. I have not seen that before :oops: but it can be done, Mantis Q accepts just one control connection, but several video stream connections (sharing the bandwidth, ie, reducing range available)

If you don't use the controller, phone's wifi must be on, and connect to the Mantis Q. In this mode, you will see virtual joysticks, and get no more than 30-40 meters range.

Cheers.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval