Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Balance charges

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots,
I would like some information on purchasing a balance charger for my typhoon h plus batteries.
I dont always have time to bring my batteries to a storage charge.

Is there a charger out there that has this capability without breaking the bank?

Thanks,

Depends on how you define breaking the bank. Most of the higher quality chargers will end up close to $100.00, +/- a little.

Any recommendations? Model? Manufacturers?
Yes, I dont have a problem spending on a quality charger.
Just looking for anyone who has had experience with them.
Thanks

Any recommendations? Model? Manufacturers?
Yes, I dont have a problem spending on a quality charger.
Just looking for anyone who has had experience with them.
Thanks

Sky RC 100. Perfect for the job £90 is what I use or the 200 will do 4 batteries at a time.

Sky RC 100. Perfect for the job £90 is what I use or the 200 will do 4 batteries at a time.
Thanks!
Sky 100 looks promising. Does it come with adapting cables for typhoon h batteries?

Ok great! I also have a couple of Q500s that I would like to use it for also

Keep in mind mind that it will take days to put a fully loaded battery into proper storage mode. At least I have not found a charger who can do it faster.

Hmmm, didn't know that. I thought that if the battery was brought to 50%, that was storage mode.

WernerJB , which charger would you recommend?
Like I said I have not found one who can really handle "Storage" mode. they all say they do - and have features built in to do that - but they really do not do it well. I have 3 chargers and none can really efficient handle a proper storage mode. I'm still looking for one who can handle it.
The last charger I bought was a Hitecx4 which has a built-in discharge mode – but it does not work, and this was even confirmed by support. It will not bring down the batteries to storage voltage even after 2 days.
Be well.

Hmmm, didn't know that. I thought that if the battery was brought to 50%, that was storage mode.

It is.
Whatever else you read. 45%-60% is storage mode.
If leaving for very long periods store at 30%

I have a brand new SkyRC D100 V2 charger.
It will run a fully charged Yuneec battery down to 15.2 balanced (storage) in a few hours.
Funny thing is no matter what discharge rate I set it to it always does its own thing and rarely goes over .6A which is why it takes so long.
Same when I charge a battery from storage to full. I set it to 5.4A charge rate but it never charges at more than 2A.
Of course it slows down towards the end when balancing.
It takes quite a few hours to fully charge from storage.
I don't know why anyone would take days to fully charge from storage
Cheers
Pete

Many flyers take their batteries down close to storage through a couple methods and then use a good aftermarket charger to precisely put the battery at storage level. If I am flying my Typhoon H, I will fly down till the voltage reads about 14.8 or 14.9 volts in a hover. Upon landing and a short cooling period I have found that the battery will rebound to right around the storage level of 15.2 volts which; is quickly obtained through the use of my Hitec X2 AC Plus. If I am flying my H Plus, the process is similar but due to the voltage difference of those batteries and the fact that the levels are in a percentage it is slightly different, I fly down to 48% indicated and again; the Hitec, once connected achieves storage in a matter of minutes and every now and then in seconds.

The down side of this of course is that you have to actually fly it down. Typically I will charge all batteries for a given job but if any are left over I just pop it up to about 3 feet in the back yard and let it do its thing. I have 3 H batteries approaching two years old with close to 300 flights and using these procedures they are still hauling the mail. YMMV.

Reactions: AussieCate
Many flyers take their batteries down close to storage through a couple methods and then use a good aftermarket charger to precisely put the battery at storage level. If I am flying my Typhoon H, I will fly down till the voltage reads about 14.8 or 14.9 volts in a hover. Upon landing and a short cooling period I have found that the battery will rebound to right around the storage level of 15.2 volts which; is quickly obtained through the use of my Hitec X2 AC Plus. If I am flying my H Plus, the process is similar but due to the voltage difference of those batteries and the fact that the levels are in a percentage it is slightly different, I fly down to 48% indicated and again; the Hitec, once connected achieves storage in a matter of minutes and every now and then in seconds.

The down side of this of course is that you have to actually fly it down. Typically I will charge all batteries for a given job but if any are left over I just pop it up to about 3 feet in the back yard and let it do its thing. I have 3 H batteries approaching two years old with close to 300 flights and using these procedures they are still hauling the mail. YMMV.

Exactly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop