Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Basic procedures with the H520 and cameras

This in a new update??

I don't mean the H520. He could already have that functionality the H520 he really needs. I mean, other systems have it implemented as I've told you.

H520 Camera Hotswap

A simple video where Dan shows us how to hot-swap the cameras.

Repair the H520

Change landing gear

Procedure for changing the landing gear

Speed limits for manual flight

How to activate indoor mode

How to select joystick modes

arruntus, thank you so much for putting these together. I'm expecting my H520 to arrive this Wednesday. I've bookmarked this post after reviewing several of the shorter videos, and I know I'll be coming here several times to view most all of them to get me properly started on operating this bird.

arruntus, thank you so much for putting these together. I'm expecting my H520 to arrive this Wednesday. I've bookmarked this post after reviewing several of the shorter videos, and I know I'll be coming here several times to view most all of them to get me properly started on operating this bird.

I'm glad it's useful, and you know, if you have any questions, just open a thread and ask, we're all here to help ;)

Yep, I will be leaning on everyone's experience to get up to speed with this bird. It's going to be really, really different from my Mavic Pro!

Reactions: arruntus
Welcome Buginout1 to the club, you went from suffering with DJI to suffering with Yuneec ?

In this thread you have many procedures for using your new bird, despite what many "brave" say, it is highly recommended to read the user manual that they have recently published new. Each brand does things one way. In case of doubts here we are ?

Reactions: BigAl07
I switched from Mavic 2 pro because of some support run around. Just got this cgoet bundle in 2 days ago

Welcome to the DARK (I mean ORANGE) side!!

There are some significant differences but after a couple of flights you'll get them hammered out and be flying along splendidly. I still fly DJI (daily actually) but I do enjoy my H520 a LOT and it has a lot of potential for future contracts for me.

The first thing is to thank @claudius62 for the effort put into discovering this "function". Hopefully Yuneec will implement it quickly and simply in the contextual menu of the flight window. I think it's worth it.

HOW TO USE THE "R.O.I" IN MANUAL FLIGHT

The function "R.O.I" can be used in circuit programming in "DataPilotPlanner".
But one can, and it is very advantageous, to use a "R.O.I" in MANUAL flight to focus on a single objective to film or to photograph.
This is very simple.
Just enter "DataPilotPlanner", put a "R.O.I" on the objective to do, to set the altitude of the subject to film (caution altitude is relative to the Home altitude).
Do not forget to complete Mission Start anyway and do not check the speed because we will remain in manual control.

Once finished, send the mission to the H520.
Return to the flight screen where the slider appears at the bottom of the screen to start the mission.

Before starting the mission, lower the two switches "Tilt Mode" and "Pan Mode".
This will eventually be able to reassemble the aim on the "R.O.I".
These switches will be put back in the up position before the end of the mission to disconnect the camera sighting on the "R.O.I".

Dragging the Slider to the right
1) THE CAMERA points immediately towards the goal to reach (Precaution see *)
2) The engines start. Take off manually or with the automatic Take-off.

Now you can fly freely and the camera will stay fixed on the "R.O.I"

(*) The camera has an angle of + 30 ° to -90 °. It is obvious not to program a point of aim that will be too high compared to the H520 at takeoff because the camera points immediately to takeoff to this point. I think the cardan is not going to like it at all and that will disturb you during a good moment.
For that, I recommend to create the mission, to save it. Take off to get up at the hight to the "R.O.I". Send the mission to the H520 at this time and begin the flight.

Before posing the H520, return both "Tilt Mode" and "Pan Mode" switches to the up position to disconnect it from the "R.O.I" function.
Caution, stop the"R.O.I" if the point becomes too high compared to the camera.

Posing the H520 ends the mission.

From there, several manual missions "R.O.I." can be linked by doing several "R.O.I." independent.
We take care of "R.O.I." 1, in stationary one loads the mission "R.O.I." 2 we launch, the camera will get this point, we do what we have to do, etc ...

How to change the ST16s Groundstation 2.4GHz internal antenna wire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval