Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries

I was looking at those the other night on vertigodrones. There is a little information on this forum about them. I don't think they offer that much more flight time because of the weight but do not have any experience myself with them.

I was looking at those the other night on vertigodrones. There is a little information on this forum about them. I don't think they offer that much more flight time because of the weight but do not have any experience myself with them.
I figured if they are at least as good as the Yuneec batteries they are a deal. It's almost a BOGO deal. LOL

Venom is a reputable company who have been around for a long time. I might try one to see how it works.

While they are 40% greater capacity they will also weigh more. So in the end you might only get an extra couple of minutes. Even at 5=40% if you normally fly say 18 minutes you might see 23 minutes or so. But definitely worth a try and I would not worry about buying from Venom.

Venom is a reputable company who have been around for a long time. I might try one to see how it works.

While they are 40% greater capacity they will also weigh more. So in the end you might only get an extra couple of minutes. Even at 5=40% if you normally fly say 18 minutes you might see 23 minutes or so. But definitely worth a try and I would not worry about buying from Venom.
I've only done 16-18 minutes on the Yuneec batteries when I fly. I figured If I can get that without running too low $99.00 would be a deal. I have four Batteries now that still work fine but for $99.00 I may add one to see how they perform.
Thanks
Jeff

Wow 16-18 minutes does not seem very long of a flight time considering what they advertise.

Wow 16-18 minutes does not seem very long of a flight time considering what they advertise.

Advertised flight time is in a hover, but manufacturers across the board advertise an almost unattainable flight time.

Reactions: AH-1G and Phaedrus
I'm too new at this to push any limits. I figure with 4 batteries I get an hour or so to take off land. figure the camera out, etc. As time goes on I'll fly farther and longer. Right now I'm trying to grasp all that is involved in doing this safely, legally, and not crash the thing, AGAIN!

Reactions: Steve Carr
15 min on these batteries should put you at about the 50 percent mark if they match the yuneec h520 oem battery. 4 of them you have a easy hour plus flight time. I needed to replace my 2 h480 oem batteries. the date of manufacture was 2016. also got 2 new gpc yuneec h battery hard cases.

Last edited:
I bought this ultra x battery works fine with my typhoon h. Is longer flying time I'm going to say no. It was still cheaper than the yuneec battery. 15563689698774088222914232699706.jpg

Reactions: AH-1G and Jal7884
I agree with @Catmandu
I bought the same battery about 7 months ago, and only get 13 to 14 or so minutes of flight time. Also every battery I have purchase with the label Venom have all puffed up with in 6 months.
(I purchase a total of 8 out of the 11 batteries I have.)

i use 10 of the ultra x batteries . they are good batteries. However the manufacturer has stop production of them. not many reliable alternatives as of present time for yuneec h520 or h plus for main flight batteries outside of using a modified adapter to use very basic lipo batteries. which could cause a few issues in flight.

Reactions: morry
I bought this ultra x battery works fine with my typhoon h. Is longer flying time I'm going to say no. It was still cheaper than the yuneec battery. View attachment 16231

I've got three Ultra X. First one bought two years ago was awesome. Last two were purchased within the past 12 months have been hit and miss. One is crap and the vendor refused refund (it was winter and took over a month to get out flying before realizing it was bad.) The third works but is not "fresh" and I'm expecting maybe a year of use before retiring it.

My advice is to steer well clear of Ultra X batteries until other users report an improvement.

I have 2 for my 500+ and 2 for my H...haven’t had a problem with any yet...for the + they are 2 years old and for the H they are 18 months

just got my 2 venoms in. got 26 min could have came close to 27 min on one of the two the second venom flight was cut short due to complete motor 2 failure at 128ft agl on my h520. 17 full battery flights no problems then the on the 18th and on the 2nd brand new battery arm2 motor fail

Awesome, I wondered about that safety feature. One reason I bought the TH+ but till now had not heard it being invoked.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline