Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries

Reaction score
How does everyone store there batteries in store mode since the factory charger has no option for this

If you want your batteries to last a long time then they should be stored at about 11.5 volts. You can connect a 12 volt light bulb to a battery to drain it to that level. Don't drop it below 11 v or you might have trouble charging it again.

Reactions: Ken N and NRRTRAINS
How does everyone store there batteries in store mode since the factory charger has no option for this

if you are going to stay in this hobby you mite want to buy a good charger that has a storage mode setting . there are quite a few good after-mart chargers on the market that are inexpensive and better quality one's that cost upward of $200 , i have several chargers and even cheap one's have a storage mode but my best charger is the HITEC 4 PLUS that i use for my RC planes batteries also . has all the programs i need for my batteries .

Attachments

• CHARGING LIPOS 3.jpg
    CHARGING LIPOS 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Take the drone out for a flight and when you get near 11volts, land.
Recharge when your ready to take the drone out again.
As advised, invest in a decent charger.
The Venom Pro Duo is reasonable option for charging too.

if you are going to stay in this hobby you mite want to buy a good charger that has a storage mode setting . there are quite a few good after-mart chargers on the market that are inexpensive and better quality one's that cost upward of $200 , i have several chargers and even cheap one's have a storage mode but my best charger is the HITEC 4 PLUS that i use for my RC planes batteries also . has all the programs i need for my batteries .
Tha'ts the one I have, don't forget you'll have to buy the compatible connectors (different ones for Q, H, etc.).

We have several Yuneec aircraft and we use a UP120AC Duo charger and we set to storage mode. we like this charger because it has so many options. Never store charged the battery life will be shortened dramatically.

That does lead to a question, it seems that even tho I store them properly, my batteries are lasting about two years, is that normal, average, or...?

Take the drone out for a flight and when you get near 11volts, land.
Recharge when your ready to take the drone out again.
As advised, invest in a decent charger.
The Venom Pro Duo is reasonable option for charging too.
We have several Yuneec aircraft and we use a UP120AC Duo charger and we set to storage mode. we like this charger because it has so many options. Never store charged the battery life will be shortened dramatically.

There are many common connectors used for different types of drones.
Can you please provide the connector types needed for Q500 drone LiPo battery and the ST1+ controller Li-ion battery? The HiTEC 4 PLUS charger I looked at doesn't ship with battery connectors so I need to source these separately. Thanks!

I still want to check how often the battery needs to be charged for that 11.5V voltage during storage?
The time to get back to flying can be up to several months, in Finland we have a long/dark/wet winter :(

There are many common connectors used for different types of drones.
Can you please provide the connector types needed for Q500 drone LiPo battery and the ST1+ controller Li-ion battery? The HiTEC 4 PLUS charger I looked at doesn't ship with battery connectors so I need to source these separately. Thanks!

The main connector on a Q500 battery is an EC3, but I don't remember what the balance lead is.

Reactions: Louie
Hello. New to the site. So how long CAN you keep them charged if just waiting for good flying days? A week? Alot of times with me it's spur of the moment and waiting to charge batteries isn't ideal.

Hello. New to the site. So how long CAN you keep them charged if just waiting for good flying days? A week? Alot of times with me it's spur of the moment and waiting to charge batteries isn't ideal.
Same here. I often leave some batteries charged for several days and if I don't use them I discharge to storage and charge again later. You really need an aftermarket charger that allows you to charge and discharge as needed. You could use this charger as a convenient way to charge two batteries in about an hour, but it doesn't have a discharge.

https://www.amazon.com/Morpilot-Typ...keywords=yuneec+q500+4k+battery+charger&psc=1

Same here. I often leave some batteries charged for several days and if I don't use them I discharge to storage and charge again later. You really need an aftermarket charger that allows you to charge and discharge as needed. You could use this charger as a convenient way to charge two batteries in about an hour, but it doesn't have a discharge.

https://www.amazon.com/Morpilot-Typ...keywords=yuneec+q500+4k+battery+charger&psc=1
I did actually just receive that charger. I know they make dischargers also.

That does lead to a question, it seems that even tho I store them properly, my batteries are lasting about two years, is that normal, average, or...?
that's about normal although i have a few batteries that are three years old and have good life in them , it pays to know the flight times of each battery you have , i have one original white battery that i only get eight minutes of flight time ( i label it 8 min time ) i set a timer for five minutes and fly close to home and wait for that first warring to vibrate . Yuneec batteries are not the best . if you over tax your batteries the shorter the life span of your batteries will be .
fly safe

My set-up is charge with ProPilot and Venom Pro Duo for setting storage. The Pro Duo also works well with other types of batteries. Both work well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33