Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery causing jello effect?

Reaction score
After making some home repairs, my video sometimes contain wavy lines (jello effect). I've been able to resolve 95% of the affect after adjusting my dampeners, balancing props, and re-securing internal wires, etc. but I still experience jello on occasion.

The other day, I noticed that videos taken with Battery A had jello while videos from Battery B didn't .

I have shaken, vibrated, spun, twirled, and sworn at my batteries, but cannot see, feel, or sense any difference between them. I'm still wondering if something might be loose and causing abnormal vibration of my H in flight.

Anyone noticed anything like this?

I get some jello occasionally and I associate it with upper level wind or sometimes higher flight speeds especially into the wind. It's always a short term thing.

I've never experienced the jello effect whatsoever, in any flying environment. The Typhoon's camera has always performed well for me and I have grown to trust its dependability every time I take it up. I just love this flying machine. It's aces in my book.

I think what you are seeing is the reflection of bright sun light from the surface water to the under side of the props into the camera. Try using the neutral Polar Pro density filters from best buy. They have them on close out for about $14.00.

If you are adventurous and have the balancing set up you could paint the under side of the props Flat Black. I don't know if the paint would hold up but it would end the reflection problem from the under side of the blades.

Also the light passing through the blades will get interrupted and add a strobe like effect to the video.

Last edited:
I think what you are seeing is the reflection of bright sun light from the surface water to the under side of the props into the camera. Try using the neutral Polar Pro density filters from best buy. They have them on close out for about $14.00.

If you are adventurous and have the balancing set up you could paint the under side of the props Flat Black. I don't know if the paint would hold up but it would end the reflection problem.

I have never had the shadow lines on my videos from the H with the ND filters installed. I get a lens flare that I find interesting in a psychedelic way when I point straight at the sun. Plus the smaller diameter props don't throw as big a shadow so it's not like my other camera drones where sun angles ruin shots. It's my shadow I hate to see now and for sure the H outline is pretty distinctive and once spotted in a clip very hard to ignore.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Try running at 1080p with 60 fps and see if that changes things for you. If your filming in 4k and you don't have a computer that can handle it, sometimes it adds the jello effect to the film. I've experienced the same thing. The 4k made the video laggy and choppy and jelloish sometimes but give different settings a try.

I get some jello occasionally and I associate it with upper level wind or sometimes higher flight speeds especially into the wind. It's always a short term thing.
Like you, the only "jello" I've encountered with the H was when flying in high winds with higher gusts. Once in awhile a faster gust would induce a brief moment of jello that was gone about as fast as it came. Every time it has happened coincided with a change in aircraft direction. The wind by itself has yet to overcome the capabilities of the gimbal.

A battery will not cause jello.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Like PatR says the battery will not cause jello effect. Other flight behavior would become erratic as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval