Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charge Error

Reaction score
So I bought the Typhoon H Real Sense. After buying a q500 have a brand new battery thats giving me error code, anyone who may know how to salvage i tried charging cells separately, and the company i bought from gave me a partial refund cause of the bad battery.

Attachments

• org_5f869e8b79fe4c00_1529266556000.jpeg
    org_5f869e8b79fe4c00_1529266556000.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 47
  • org_24ec1ce3aec37997_1529192628000.jpeg
    org_24ec1ce3aec37997_1529192628000.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I'm trying the PowerExtras with the included Lipo Safe. Everything so far looks good and the reviews are solid but I have yet to test them. The fit in the H is good. I also just ordered a Morpilot 2 port charger since it has a storage mode to discharge them to 50% before storage, although you could just fly them down which would be quicker and a lot more fun.

I did buy the charging cable which plugs directly into an H pack. This cable has a + and - cable along with a balance connector so you can also use a cheap battery meter on the balance connector to see the voltages of each cell and total voltage and % full.

Link to Morpilot charger -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071W1DBZP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PowerExtra Batteries -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y57JQYQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Battery Cable -
https://www.amazon.com/BATTERY-CHAR...pID=41nvZZixQNL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Lipo Tester for use with the cable -
https://www.amazon.com/eHappyMaker-...pID=51548r9J6cL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have Amazon Prime but you can find these or similar from other sellers.

@dmfnewjerseysurf OK, so I'll be the first to ask... so did you do a flight run down those tracks?

@dmfnewjerseysurf OK, so I'll be the first to ask... so did you do a flight run down those tracks?

Eagle,

You bit on the tracks? What about the statement: “... different cells to power different parts of the aircraft...”???

That’s a new one on me!

Jeff

To the OP: if you look inside the battery compartment of your H, you will notice there are only two battery terminals for the battery to supply power to the H. There is no way for the battery to selectively power components independently.

The extra contacts in the battery pack are for charging and monitoring during charging only, to ensure each cell is being charged/is charged to the same levels.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Last edited:
I saw that, but I was going to let one of the true vets comment... o_O

The first step is to get a good charger that will meet the needs of flying the H batteries. There are many good ones available.

Like @gwhuntoon I bought the Morpilot DY3 charger and I've been quite pleased with its abilities to charge, discharge and storage mode. It also shows the state of each cell in the battery. It has simplified battery maintenance for me.

Last edited:
I held back on this one but if a battery is not inserted deeply into the stock charger the balance tsps will not make contact and you’ll end up with a flashing blue light. The same can happen if the contacts are dirty.

As NorWes mentioned, the three contact points between the outer flat contacts are there for balancing the individual cells during the charging cycle and not employed in any way during flight. There is no feature inside the aircraft than can connect with them.

The battery has multiple cells to provide enough voltage to power the system when all are used in combination. Individual cells are not used to power specific functions. I can’t think of any system that uses multi-cell batteries to do that. Attempting that would be extremely difficult as it would be necessary to monitor individual cells to provide a means for the operator to terminate a flight before any individual cell discharged to a critical level and destroyed itself.

As systems do employ features that utilize different voltages such as low voltage components like compass and GPS, mid voltage components like the RC receiver and flight controller, and higher voltage components like motors and ESC’s, devices like UBEC’s are employed to step down the voltage from the battery. Such devices are essentially volt limit regulators. If anyone ever tells you that each cell of a multirotor battery is used to power individual components, kindly smile and walk away while vowing to never listen to or ask technical advice from that person again. It will save you a lot of confusion.

As for chargers, it’s always better to invest in a good after market charger and power leads to take better care of your batteries. You’ll also be able to charge them faster than stock kit chargers will. Do take a little time to read the charger instructions and review battery care techniques at websites that specialize in battery information and care before using an after market charger.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
i just bought new batteries one thing i learned is not to use bad batteries seen them explode and would anyone have a recommendation for new batteries

Eagle,

You bit on the tracks? What about the statement: “... different cells to power different parts of the aircraft...”???

That’s a new one on me!

Jeff

To the OP: if you look inside the battery compartment of your H, you will notice there are only two battery terminals for the battery to supply power to the H. There is no way for the battery to selectively power components independently.

The extra contacts in the battery pack are for charging and monitoring during charging only, to ensure each cell is being charged/is charged to the same levels.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
I understand that, but the power is used for all components, I was actually asking if the different cells can be charged separately is what i was trying to say just sometimes i over state.

I held back on this one but if a battery is not inserted deeply into the stock charger the balance tsps will not make contact and you’ll end up with a flashing blue light. The same can happen if the contacts are dirty.

As NorWes mentioned, the three contact points between the outer flat contacts are there for balancing the individual cells during the charging cycle and not employed in any way during flight. There is no feature inside the aircraft than can connect with them.

The battery has multiple cells to provide enough voltage to power the system when all are used in combination. Individual cells are not used to power specific functions. I can’t think of any system that uses multi-cell batteries to do that. Attempting that would be extremely difficult as it would be necessary to monitor individual cells to provide a means for the operator to terminate a flight before any individual cell discharged to a critical level and destroyed itself.

As systems do employ features that utilize different voltages such as low voltage components like compass and GPS, mid voltage components like the RC receiver and flight controller, and higher voltage components like motors and ESC’s, devices like UBEC’s are employed to step down the voltage from the battery. Such devices are essentially volt limit regulators. If anyone ever tells you that each cell of a multirotor battery is used to power individual components, kindly smile and walk away while vowing to never listen to or ask technical advice from that person again. It will save you a lot of confusion.

As for chargers, it’s always better to invest in a good after market charger and power leads to take better care of your batteries. You’ll also be able to charge them faster than stock kit chargers will. Do take a little time to read the charger instructions and review battery care techniques at websites that specialize in battery information and care before using an after market charger.
yes i know that i didn't write it correctly what happens when you're bodies full of chemo, I was asking can the cells be charged separately

Actually, they are charged separately, that’s what the balance taps are for. We really don’t want to try connecting a charger to individual cells.

The way balance chargers work has them charging the pack and reading individual cell voltages. If using a temp sensor they would also monitor cell temps. Prior to achieving a max charge state the charger stops the fast charge and trickle charges individual cells based upon each cells voltage level. If one or more cells is significantly lower than the others they may not achieve a full charge when the combined voltage of all the cells reaches the max level allowed for the cell count.

If you have a decent volt meter, might you measure the individual cell voltages of your battery(ies) and post them here? Charged or discharged doesn’t matter.

As for obtaining new batteries, I normally use genstattu as my primary source.

yes i know that i didn't write it correctly what happens when you're bodies full of chemo, I was asking can the cells be charged separately

So sorry to hear... best of luck to you.

As to your intended question... no worries... we got it sorted out for you, hopefully. PatR has been more than eloquent to state what is what.

Hang in there!

Jeff

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430