Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charger blinking green constantly

Reaction score
I recently received a Typhoon G from my wife as a birthday gift and I'm really excited to get it in the air but the charger just keeps blinking green ("ready to charge) no matter how I plug the contraption in nor which socket I try. I've already tried to replace the fuse on the charger, to no effect.
Yuneec's tech support has been MIA for days now, they haven't replied to my email yet.
Any suggestions?

Green means fully charged, that is for the H charger I'm sure the same for the G

Green means fully charged, that is for the H charger I'm sure the same for the G

As I understand it, solid green means fully charged and blinking green means ready to charge. When I plug the battery into the drone, the lights don't power up.

If it is not power up in the copter, then the Lipo is dead, at least one cell. Or a wire (one of trhe four) is off. You can measure this or use a LiPo checker. It is cheap and everybody who has LiPos at work should have one. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.de/GSS-LCD-Batte...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=16DDH7PZJ3XHR7232B4K

The stock charger is very poor. It cannot detect the LiPo accu failure. It still waits on something to charge. A better charger would indicate an error with this LiPo accu. It is recommended to use a better charger who can put the Lipo in storage mode if not used for a longer time (some days).

br HE

Find a friend with a multimeter and ask him to check the cells on the battery contacts. If the voltage is too low on one or more cells it will not charge.

I have the same issue, one battery will charge, and the light goes to red, all works like it should, on my second battery, the charger will not ck it up, when I plug itin, the light just continues to blink green, it won't even attempt to charge. My understanding is, if the battery s completely dead, this may acure, so my question is, how do I fix? This was all bought new back in May of this year, and has not been charged or used very much,

To all those who have contributed to this thread, thank you for your thoughts.
I've been in contact with Yuneec and the bottom line is that the battery I received in the box is dead and hasn't got enough of a charge to even register to the charger they provide you with. That explains the blinking green light. To that end, since I was still covered under warranty, they sent me a new battery within a week.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have the same issue, one battery will charge, and the light goes to red, all works like it should, on my second battery, the charger will not ck it up, when I plug itin, the light just continues to blink green, it won't even attempt to charge. My understanding is, if the battery s completely dead, this may acure, so my question is, how do I fix? This was all bought new back in May of this year, and has not been charged or used very much,
The voltage level of the battery may just be too low for that charger. It doesn't have to be dead, just too low. If there is a hobby store in your area or someone who is a RC hobbyist, they could charge it enough to try it again on the charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop