Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issue

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I appear to have an unusual battery error that I cannot find a solution for.

with the battery in the charger (and I have tried pushing hard etc) it alternates between blue, red and green light with beeping.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

It would really help to know what model of aircraft and charger being used.

Just found your intro post. I’ll move this to the TH discussion forum.

Sounds like the OEM charger and when new it and the battery can have mating difficulties (no snickering). It can take a little more force than you might suspect the first few times.

If you are sure the battery is seated fully it may have cells below 3.2 V. Use this post Battery question and measure the cell voltages.

Have slammed it in, gently pushed etc. I have a video of it but can’t post it.
I’ll hunt down my voltmeter and check cheers

This photo may give a clue. Read the meaning of the LED codes at the bottom. It appears your batteries are near full charge and have entered the balance charge phase near the end of charging.

DC292CDA-7891-4877-B2DD-AEF483E6628C.jpeg
Once the battery reaches full charge you should get a solid green light.

This photo may give a clue. Read the meaning of the LED codes at the bottom. It appears your batteries are near full charge and have entered the balance charge phase near the end of charging.

View attachment 20894
Once the battery reaches full charge you should get a solid green light.

I did read those but did not match the sequence I was getting, all the lights are coming on and the beeping as well.
Reading elsewhere it appears it may be the charger is faulty.

Hi Guys

I appear to have an unusual battery error that I cannot find a solution for.

with the battery in the charger (and I have tried pushing hard etc) it alternates between blue, red and green light with beeping.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

I gave mine a shot
Of contact cleaner.

14volts is that before taking off or landing at that voltage?
Landing
No way I’m flying at less than 14 volts :)
It was showing as 14 volts on the ST16 and if I remember correctly empty battery.

my reference to the voltages on the panel etc is that it has me thinking the batteries are fine it’s the charger causing the issues be it faulty charger as referred to in some groups or poor connection but it’s driving me bonkers trying to make the battery connect properly

My guess is the balancing failed. That may point on a a defect cell (one of the four cells at the battery). 15V or 14V are too low. Full means 4.2V per cell, 16.8V the battery without load.

The stock charger is not the best choice. Better to get a charger that have a storage function (bring the battery to storage voltage) and has more power to balance the cells.
Balance means that all cells have the same voltage. A delta between the cells of more than 50mV (0.05V) is bad.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Che
My guess is the balancing failed. That may point on a a defect cell (one of the four cells at the battery). 15V or 14V are too low. Full means 4.2V per cell, 16.8V the battery without load.

The stock charger is not the best choice. Better to get a charger that have a storage function (bring the battery to storage voltage) and has more power to balance the cells.
Balance means that all cells have the same voltage. A delta between the cells of more than 50mV (0.05V) is bad.

br HE
cheers

I am indeed discovering that,just need to get some money to buy the charger I have spotted on eBay that appears to have been mentionEd a few times in various places.

that’s after already buying 2 new higher capacity batteries and wanting a new neck strap (none with it) and a hard backpack as will be travelling with it. Pretty sure there was something else!

Third party charger needed and leads, are you in EU? Higher capacity batteries can give only a slight improvement, it can be disappointed to some expecting a dramatic improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio