Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging plug for H520

Reaction score
Since we can not find any cables for the h580 battery, I decided to make my cables.
It's simple with time and patience.
20171027_114658.jpg
Cable for voltage verification and balancing
20171027_114809.jpg
Cable for recharging on LIHV charger
20171027_115404.jpg
You need to :
20171027_115444.jpg
Time, resin and patience. and ....
20171027_115150.jpg

To your tools.

This is amazing, If only you would make 2 for me and send them I would be willing to pay for this much need piece of equipment, I unfortunately am not a clever man as to make these myself. Very well done sir

There are many sellers of small Deans connectors on Amazon. Look in electronics, hobby, connectors.

In Amazon, the ones I found are of normal size.

The name is driving me crazy, it's easy to search for T Deans plug in this case male. But the small ones, some call them mini, others call them micro and in several ads after looking at the specs they are the same size as the normal ones. Of the normal ones I have, two days ago I bought.

They are not very common and I'm looking at Amazon, Ebay and Aliexpress. In Banggood and Gearbest nothing.

I'm going to keep looking and when I find them I will put the link here so that no one happens as it's happening to me :mad:

P.D.: At the end in HobbyKing without problem (I don't usually look if it's not a big order but this time the best option without doubt)
Nylon T-Connectors Male (10pcs/Bag)
Mini black T Connector (10 Pairs)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Some additional explanations.
The first assembly was done directly on the battery which allowed me to make an impression and then a mounting base.
I used scart socket because there is a metal hoop that will serve as a molding frame.
Image 01.JPG Image 02.JPG
Then cut the plugs to mount them on the plate (wax the plate for demolding).
Image 03.JPG Image 04.JPG
Fit the frame and fix it with wax.
Image 05.jpg
Use slow resin to mold well the plugs.
Image 06.JPG Image 07.JPG
To mount the cables, follow the model.
Do not put the load lead + on wire (1) balance because the load would directly attack the first cell.
Image 08.JPG

Like what, small hands can sometimes serve ....

Very well done and thank you for such a detailed explaination.

Great work mate.
Now just waiting for CD or Carlos to get some Pro Level Versions.
But ill be ordering some Mini T asap to get this project happening.
Thanks again

Hello,
for both AWG14 - 2,12mm² silicone cables.
for the connection scale extension JST-XH 4S.
Banana plug gold plated.

Reactions: Peggy
With Claudius62's excellent explanation of how to put together a balance charging lead I decided to have a go at it for myself. Below are the images as progress was made.
To make the mould I covered the Dean holes on the battery with some masking tape and then pushed the Deans into place (this was of course after a lot of filing to get the plastic mould around the Deans to fit alongside each other). I then made the shape of the plug to hold the Deans in place with White tack (other tack such as blue is available lol), this then once the resin was set was easy to peel away.
Hope this adds to the original posts helpfulness.

Thanks again for such detailed explanation Claudius62

Attachments

• IMG_7968.JPG
    IMG_7968.JPG
    941.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7969.JPG
    IMG_7969.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7970.JPG
    IMG_7970.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7973.JPG
    IMG_7973.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7974.JPG
    IMG_7974.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7975.JPG
    IMG_7975.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7976.JPG
    IMG_7976.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7977.JPG
    IMG_7977.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: arruntus
Good job mate :)

The battery inside the coffee cup :D like I made it myself.

All information is insufficient, the way in which we solve problems is unique. You learn by watching how others solve it :)

I would have insulated the connectors on the outside one by one with insulating tape. If by chance they touch each other... we have a real danger of barbecueing. LIPO batteries in that sense are very dangerous, please be careful.

Reactions: Peggy
Good job mate :)

The battery inside the coffee cup :D like I made it myself.

All information is insufficient, the way in which we solve problems is unique. You learn by watching how others solve it :)

I would have insulated the connectors on the outside one by one with insulating tape. If by chance they touch each other... we have a real danger of barbecueing. LIPO batteries in that sense are very dangerous, please be careful.

I get your point but they couldn't touch each other as the plastic surround around the deans kept them well apart and they were very well tightly in, no space even for a Rizla paper hahahaha

Good job, Pegasus, we are two now having the plugs.
We must do the little brothers now
All thanks to you and your original detailed post bud. Was making me stir crazy guessing the safe storage voltage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval