Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging

Reaction score
Actually, I had it wrong on my last post. It's the green light on my "power 3" battery blinks rapidly when I plug it in for charging. It continues to blink rapidly for hours. Not sure if it's actually charging or not as the blinking light never stops.

What does your battery tester tell you about your batteries cell condition and charge ?
The battery tester simply blinks green rapidly indicating it's ready for a charge. But, it never gets to the other stages of colored lights.

That's your charger.
What does your tester tell you ??
I have a feeling you don't own one.
You can't be in this hobby and not have a battery and cell tester.
Thank you....you are right....I do not have a tester. Can you recommend a good one?

Here is a cheap one to get you started:

CellMeter-7 Digital Battery Capacity Tester LiPo LiFe Li-ion NiMH Nicd RC G6F7 | eBay

Happy hunting,
Jafo

Added: Don't go for the cheapest one.... There not the best but will get you by for now. The cheapest one's don't give a very accurate reading.
I have 3 and all 3 give a close but different reading from each other.
I compared the 3 to a true digital meter and work with the one that came closest.

Well I was looking at the comments here and nobody has an answer to why it blinks green and doe not charge, I have same problem with one of my batteries and I bought the Q500 new a month and a half ago brand new with two batteries and have flown drone only 6 times and the one battery wont charge. I dont have a meter either but why should I need one ? there must be a problem with battery and someone with knowledge to know what is wrong, other battery charges just fine and I cant see buying new one when it has had little use in very little time. Thanks

Reactions: steven0024
. I dont have a meter either but why should I need one ?
Sorry your having an issue with the battery.
A lot of people have problems and your not alone.
Like any hobby, there are tools you need to have.
A balance/charge tester is important if you're going to be in a hobby that uses Lipo type batteries.
We might be able to help recover the battery but knowing what the cell conditions are is imperative.
It's been a really long time since I used the stock charger.....
I thought it was... Red indicated a fault, Green and Red blinking was balancing,Green flashing was charging and Green solid was charged.
If I'm wrong ( And I sure could be) someone will correct me.
I suppose the crudest thing you could do to at least get an idea is to putt the battery in the Q and see what voltage the box indicates the Q is at. Rude and crude but it's a place to start if you don't have a tester.
:)

Best bet is an aftermarket charger, I own a Thunder Dual Power AC680 and it charges my Q500 LiPo in less than 40 mins from 10.87v
It's important to note that ideally you need a LiPo tester to visually see the levels of 'each cell' IF YOUR charger doesn't numerically show each cell volt level. You can find low lipo alarms/testers that serve both purposes, low level alarm (handy for FPV Racers) and individual cell readings (in case your balance charger is stock and has no digital display)
Where and why this is important is because if you hook up your dead lipo to the battery tester you'll likely find one cell is down to an unchargable level (aprox 3-5v) this lipo could've been shipped with the low cell and had you noticed before you used this in the Q500 you'd likely had enough of a charge to recover it. Try contacting the shipper where you purchased and see if they'll honor a possible warranty coverage. Until then download LIPOSAFE it's an Android app that'll teach you what you need to know about charging, storing and care and use of lipos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop