Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery flight time and low battery warnings

Reaction score
I would like to know what flight times people are experiencing with the stock batteries.

I also specifically would like to know about when the first battery warning comes on and the time between the first and second battery warning.

Please indicate if you have the RealSense module or not.

From what I have observed, the first battery warning appears to come on at about 14.5 volts. Then it's literally about 1 to 2 minutes depending on how aggressive the flight is before the second warning. Once the second warning comes on you are pretty much screwed because it starts to land whether you want it to or not.

This isn't a big deal if you know to start bringing it back at about 14.7 volts depending on distance out, but this can mean the end of the H if you are used to the Q500 and how it had a good 3 to 5 minutes before the second battery warning depending on aggressive flight and after the second warning I could easily bring it back from where I was and land it (assuming I brought it closer in on the first warning).

With the H it seems I can't be more than 100 feet out before the second warning otherwise I may not make it back in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an older thread about flight times...
Battery flight times and stock range

There is a chart someone made to show at what voltage to start to return to land.
I have four batteries and one has a noticable short flight time compared to the others.
No real sense on mine.
A lot depends on the temperature, I get a lot shorter flight time in the winter than in the warmer months
Wind also plays into flight times as well as how aggressive one flys.
I have a few times had my H tried to land on low battery and have had to hold the left stick up while returning home.
I usually return to home and land after the first warning.
My flights are about 12-15 minutes and I land with at about 14.5, but then the voltage jumps up to about 14.7 or higher.

For me, the first warning is at 14.3v and on what I would call an 'average' flight I would expect it to go for 19 minutes to that first warning. Please note, though, that I'm usually landed well before first warning so I normally get 15 or 16 minutes on a typical flight landing at about 14.5v.

Beware, though, that different pilots would probably get different flight times depending on their flying habits, temperature, strength of wind, etc. so nothing is absolute. All I can tell you is what I can expect on an 'average' flight.

I can't say much about the time between first and second warnings only having ever once still been in the air at second warning (and I was far too busy to notice the elapsed time), but it most certainly didn't seem like a long time.

My unit is without RS and was one of the first available in the U.K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33