Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Flight Time

Reaction score
Have used Yuneec and aftermarket new batteries and not getting over 13min. conservative flight time. I land at 10.4Volts.Flights always start with battery topped off.. What can be done to increase flight time? Thanks for listening,Ken

Which chargers would you suggest to charge the Gifs 7500?
I use a MorPilot duel charger/balancer. This charger works great but it doesn’t have a storage mode. I also use a Venom Pro Duo which has a storage mode. Both are good chargers. The MorPilot is more convenient. Hope this helps.Ken

I have experienced the same problem. I only get about 9 minutes of flight time during a normal day little to no wind. I believe Yuneec has been bit misleading as to there videos and promotion stating around 20-25 minutes of flight time. I did manage to go to PhotoExpo in NYC and got a contact person to speak with today. I can't take the hour or more wait time on tech support or customer service. Its a nice unit and good video but this bird has many flaws that need to be addressed by Yuneec. Sorry for my rant. Ill be looking at Autell since they have USA based support with so many great features.

Reactions: chimpax
I dont know where people are getting 15+ minutes of flight time. I am lucking to get 5 minutes....if that. I am totally disappointed. I am actually looking for a different drone that is capable of more flight time. Further, my battery case split which tells me the battery is why too hot and requires venting. Totally bad design? Maybe.

I get about 8 to 9 minutes with my Q500. That is with the video running and moderate use, light wind. However I do start to land when the voltage gets down to 10.8. I leave myself a little cushion. Don't want it to fall out of the sky.

Here’s additional information I found out from hyuneec. The advertised flight time is based on 6 feet off the ground no wind. That’s where they get there misleading advertising. This is direct from them.

I get 3 to 5 minutes regardless of what size battery i use. I have 3 different battery sizes. 5400, 6400 and 7500. All give me the same amount of time. And everyone of them are swelling. Seems a vent hole needs be in made in the cases so the vent when hot instead of swelling. I think this is my last Yuneec. Very disappointed.

I get 15 to 18 with Camera operating. I’m not happy with this and my batteries keep dying, I’ve gone through 4 in a year. I’m also unhappy with the video and control conection, I often lose communication to one or both. I was going to buy 3 new batteries and do the carbon fiber mod to get lighter but now I’m thinking of getting the Phantom 4 plus as I would still need to invest in some type of signal amplifier. Pretty disappointing. Anyone interested in a Used Q500 4K let me know LOL.

I get 3 to 5 minutes regardless of what size battery i use. I have 3 different battery sizes. 5400, 6400 and 7500. All give me the same amount of time. And everyone of them are swelling. Seems a vent hole needs be in made in the cases so the vent when hot instead of swelling. I think this is my last Yuneec. Very disappointed.
lipo batteries are not made to vent , do not ever punch a hole in a puffed lipo battery . if you are only getting 3 to 5 minutes something is not right , maybe your charger is not working properly .

lipo batteries are not made to vent , do not ever punch a hole in a puffed lipo battery . if you are only getting 3 to 5 minutes something is not right , maybe your charger is not working properly .
I use gifipower 6400 and am 18 to 20 mins and as jafo says if flying in heavy wind that drains faster

So if I read correctly the paperwork that came with the Q500 4k it states not to carry anything over 55lbs. Is this correct? If so, with the 3D printers has anyone made an attachment to carry two extra batteries and a mod to increase the battery. If I can get 45 minutes of flying with three batteries that would be perfect.

So if I read correctly the paperwork that came with the Q500 4k it states not to carry anything over 55lbs. Is this correct? If so, with the 3D printers has anyone made an attachment to carry two extra batteries and a mod to increase the battery. If I can get 45 minutes of flying with three batteries that would be perfect.
If your wanting to make mods to carry more batteries and make them all power the drone my thoughts is your wasting ur drone if it was designed to be flown for that length of time then yuneec would have made it like that to begin with I personally think just buy better batteries and come down let it sit to let motors cool in-between flights prolong the motor life

If your wanting to make mods to carry more batteries and make them all power the drone my thoughts is your wasting ur drone if it was designed to be flown for that length of time then yuneec would have made it like that to begin with I personally think just buy better batteries and come down let it sit to let motors cool in-between flights prolong the motor life

Ok, so if I am inspecting a roof top or my property and need to be in the air more than15 minutes what are my options? I see others post on here they are changing batteries. Why charge and take extra batteries to make a quick change out and resume flying if the drone has to be grounded for any length of time before I can fly again? I could see this being harmful to some businesses if the client is on site and you have to explain to them to wait and allow the drone to cool down just to get more than the average 15 or so minutes of flying. I am not tryiing to over use my drone however especially for beginners, as I am just getting use to the controls I have to land and wait. That does not do well for learning how to operate the drone. Why would there be a discussion about larger (more flying time) batteries? It would seem that 45 minutes of fying is not really that long. Maybe I am just not understanding the whole arrangement.

Ok, so if I am inspecting a roof top or my property and need to be in the air more than15 minutes what are my options? I see others post on here they are changing batteries. Why charge and take extra batteries to make a quick change out and resume flying if the drone has to be grounded for any length of time before I can fly again? I could see this being harmful to some businesses if the client is on site and you have to explain to them to wait and allow the drone to cool down just to get more than the average 15 or so minutes of flying. I am not tryiing to over use my drone however especially for beginners, as I am just getting use to the controls I have to land and wait. That does not do well for learning how to operate the drone. Why would there be a discussion about larger (more flying time) batteries? It would seem that 45 minutes of fying is not really that long. Maybe I am just not understanding the whole arrangement.
My own personal flying I let the engines cool down between battery changes just what I prefer to do I think your problem is your charger it can't be charging it enough the stock charger takes to long to charge so aftermarket charge is what you need if your in the USA venom do a good charger as I am in the UK we don't have retailers here offering them and I get between 18 to 20mins from 1 battery I have 2 yuneec and 4 Gifi power 6400 on my aftermarket charger

Reactions: Ken N
I dont know where people are getting 15+ minutes of flight time. I am lucking to get 5 minutes....if that. I am totally disappointed. I am actually looking for a different drone that is capable of more flight time. Further, my battery case split which tells me the battery is why too hot and requires venting. Totally bad design? Maybe.
Are you using the stock charger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline