Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery hard to get out

Reaction score
Hello.

have now had my H plus for 2 weeks and I must say that it is a fantastic drone, with a fantastic camera.

However, have a question and that is regarding the battery.
I don't have any problems with getting it into the drone, it fits perfectly. But it goes tight when it has to go out again. I trigger the mechanism all the way up, as described in the manual, and it also comes out, but I have to pull pretty hard to get it out.
Is it normal and just a matter of wearing the parts?

Benjamin Skov Rasmussen

It is normal for there to be some resistance to extraction of the battery. Is the resistance just in the first 10mm to 15mm? If so, that is most likely just the battery contacts and aircraft contacts being meshed.

If your unit is new and under warranty do not do any modifications that will void your warranty.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Yeah, agreed on the warranty thing, if it's new then get together with the vendor you got it from.

Mine was a different story in that I had to pry the battery back out once I had installed it, I mean like I had to use tools to get the battery back out without damaging the body shell or breaking the back battery lift tab.

Mine was a used purchase with some non disclosure problems that I've worked my way through, learned enough to offer suggestions with some issues.

Hey.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes it is within the first 10-15 mm that it goes tight.
I've had the dji phantom 4 pro before, and here was the problem the other way around, the battery didn't sit as well as it does on the H plus, so it's maybe because I have to get used to the Yuneec.
PT has flown 25 trips on 3 batteries.

Hey.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes it is within the first 10-15 mm that it goes tight.
I've had the dji phantom 4 pro before, and here was the problem the other way around, the battery didn't sit as well as it does on the H plus, so it's maybe because I have to get used to the Yuneec.
PT has flown 25 trips on 3 batteries.
This does sound normal for the Yuneec Hex series. If you find it starts getting difficult past this distance watch for swelling in the battery pack. For the time being I would say there is no problem.

My H520 batteries were relatively easy to install and retrieve, until they started showing a bit of age. Now they like to put up a fight after a flight.

New batteries are just fine.

So the real question is, are the Plus and H520 just a little tighter on the tolerances for the battery compartment, or are we finding a bit more expansion of the battery cases themselves as the batteries age and the cells themselves expand?

I believe I have been very careful with my care and feeding of my LiHV batteries, yet they seem to be experiencing more expansion than the LIPo (H480) batteries I “grew up” on.

An idea to float, anyway.

Jeff

Reactions: Mike Irish
My H520 batteries were relatively easy to install and retrieve, until they started showing a bit of age. Now they like to put up a fight after a flight.

New batteries are just fine.

So the real question is, are the Plus and H520 just a little tighter on the tolerances for the battery compartment, or are we finding a bit more expansion of the battery cases themselves as the batteries age and the cells themselves expand?

I believe I have been very careful with my care and feeding of my LiHV batteries, yet they seem to be experiencing more expansion than the LIPo (H480) batteries I “grew up” on.

An idea to float, anyway.

Jeff
My situation with my H Plus was slightly different. Battery 6 months old and no swelling. The brace in the forward area of the battery snagged on the battery cage in the drone and could not be removed. Had to take Plus apart to remove then cut out a small portion of the forward brace on the battery. It now slides in and out properly and powers the Plus as normal.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430