Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery question??

Reaction score
I just bought 4 batteries off of a friends buddy at the local airfield.. The batteries are older but he swore they weren’t used much. I have put them on the yuneec dual charger and all Four cells seam to be balanced, and they charge correctly. After charging them I flew them down to 50% and placed the batteries on the charger in storage mode. The batteries do have a lil puff to them... ( just slightly, and no sweet smell) is there a better way to test these batteries that doesn’t put the A/C in jeopardy. I want to make sure the can maintain a safe full flight duration. Right now they are in storage mode so also wondering if a deep cycle would be a wise move or an idiot mistake. Thank you all in advance
-John

Everyone has a different opinion on puffiness, some see a little puffy and some are see major puffiness which is dangerous. Battery charger capable of internal resistance checking will give a good diagnoses of their condition and flight times, they have a shorter lifespan than LiPo batteries. I think we all have to take it with a pinch of salt when people are selling things.

Everyone has a different opinion on puffiness, some see a little puffy and some are see major puffiness which is dangerous. Battery charger capable of internal resistance checking will give a good diagnoses of their condition and flight times, they have a shorter lifespan than LiPo batteries. I think we all have to take it with a pinch of salt when people are selling things.
Agreed... but this wasnt just some guy on craigslist... it was a friend of a friend and he happens to be very big into rc planes, sUAS... i was just posting to get an opinion on whether to deep cycle or just leave well enough alone... also is there a setup to check the resistance on the batteries? or does this have to be made? i have the dy5 dual charger it shows the cell voltage but other than that its pretty useless( besides being to able properly put the batteries in storage)

Deep cycling LiHV batteries is not recommended. The DY5 is better than the OEM charger since it will put the batteries in storage charge, but other chargers offer charging several types of batteries as well as measuring the IR of each cell.

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt