Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Questions

Reaction score
My batteries for the Q500 4k are only about 3 months old. They charge up well with the Yuneec charger. After installation in the copter I read 12.5 volts and 4 green bars. After starting the motors and taking off I notice that the indicated voltage drops to 12V about 1 minute into flight. Then in the next minute it goes to 11.8. With the camera running for about 5 minutes and easy use of the copter I got 16 minutes when the 10.7 Yellow appeared and landed. If I had been more aggressive with the copter I am sure the flight time would have been less. Does this sound about normal for these batteries?

Just want to know if this is what other flyers are seeing with the Q500 batteries?

Just so you are aware, any LiPo battery, including the Yuneec ones, will last much longer and be more reliable if you can put them into a "storage" mode after each use. BUT..this will require a good aftermarket Charger. The stock charger can't do this. Consequently the life of your Batteries is greatly reduced. It seems to me that you can look forward to more reduced flight time with yours and at this point I don't think you can expect to get any more than the 16 minutes you get now.

Can you recommend a charger that will do what you mentioned?
Sorry, i can't remember off the top of my head the Brand of charger I use and won't be home to check til next week. If no one replies to you I'll get you the info then.
I do remember that it isn't the latest newest thing but works like a charm for me.

Buy a cheap cell checker and when u have flown ur Q5 check each cell as it's between 3.40 to 3.60 per cell or total voltage 10.5v that's storage mode

That's the 1 I bought depending were u are in the world am in the UK so just check your eBay

That's the 1 I bought depending were u are in the world am in the UK so just check your eBay

That looks like a total voltage indicator. Is there something that would show each individual cell voltage?

These cheaper testers will suffice for now but invest in a better tester when you can. Two of these cheaper tester side by side will show you different voltages. There just not that accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio