Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Replacement

Vic

Reaction score
My "H" battery is getting too fat to install. I'm afraid that if I force it in I'll be in trouble getting it back out. I'm looking at a Digi-Battery 8050 mAh replacement. It's a fair amount of money. Any thoughts on its price, availability, operation, etc.?

My "H" battery is getting too fat to install. I'm afraid that if I force it in I'll be in trouble getting it back out. I'm looking at a Digi-Battery 8050 mAh replacement. It's a fair amount of money. Any thoughts on its price, availability, operation, etc.?
@FlushVision has had good results so far with his GiFi battery, some not so good, it's a chance we all take, the bloated battery needs retiring with a LiPo killer and disposed of. There are still OEM batteries about.

Yes, as @Mrgs1 said, I have a Gifi 8050mAh and it performs well, though I haven't accumulated many flights on it yet due to weather and other commitments. I'm pleased with mine but I must point out that others have had mixed results.

One would think that an 8050mAh battery would give a noticeable increase in flight times above what the OEM battery gives but this is not the case. Yes I have noticed a better flight time: 20 minutes and 6 seconds in a near hover with temps around 20deg C which is just over a minute more than the best I've achieved with an OEM battery, and between 17 and 18 minutes in normal flights...but that is only marginally better than one can expect with a new OEM battery flying in similar conditions.

All of my older (to me) OEM batteries are now averaging between 10 and 12 minutes in the air landing at 14.5v but these have many many flights on them. I do have a new (to me) OEM battery but so far it's only flown just once: 12 minutes and 6 seconds in the air but that was doing a normal flight in cold conditions landing at 14.7v. Only one flight doesn't give me the info I need to say anything about how good it is.

Depending on which seller you buy from, a Gifi 8050mAh will cost anything from £75.00 to over a hundred pounds the average being somewhere around the £85.00 mark. This is through Amazon but the sellers are in China.

A fat battery is a dead battery. Get rid of it.

Hi guys, any suggestions of sites you'd trust for a replacement battery for the Typoon H?
I ordered a 8050mAh battery from GiFi Power on the 8th of this month for $106. So far I've emailed them twice for a status update but have no received a reply.

Vic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio