Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Update - Typhoon H

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for advice regarding the batteries for my H. Yuneec UK have just returned the H to me after thoroughly checking it over - excellent customer service as always!

I sent 4 batteries with it for testing. Three of them (the older ones) gave Yuneec around 15 minutes of flight at a steady 10mph, until second battery warning. The fourth battery (purchased new 3 weeks ago and flown only once) gave just a matter of minutes.

No faults found with the H.

The new and used only once battery is being returned to the supplier.

So, I have a dilemma! I've been unable to source any more Yuneec batteries for the H in the UK yet it seems the ones I have are on their last legs. What do I do? I would sell the whole kit, but I guess it's not worth a lot if not achieving much flight time?

Travelling to the Hebrides in 5 weeks and need something I can trust a bit more in flight, with a bit more flight time!

Interested in others views...

Why can't you get new ones direct from Yuneec UK ? i thought their supply problems were sorted ?

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for advice regarding the batteries for my H. Yuneec UK have just returned the H to me after thoroughly checking it over - excellent customer service as always!

I sent 4 batteries with it for testing. Three of them (the older ones) gave Yuneec around 15 minutes of flight at a steady 10mph, until second battery warning. The fourth battery (purchased new 3 weeks ago and flown only once) gave just a matter of minutes.

No faults found with the H.

The new and used only once battery is being returned to the supplier.

So, I have a dilemma! I've been unable to source any more Yuneec batteries for the H in the UK yet it seems the ones I have are on their last legs. What do I do? I would sell the whole kit, but I guess it's not worth a lot if not achieving much flight time?

Travelling to the Hebrides in 5 weeks and need something I can trust a bit more in flight, with a bit more flight time!

Interested in others views...
15 minutes what's the problem?

I asked, they didn't offer... Not too keen on their price to be honest if they have any...
Well Hobbymounts are a couple of pounds cheaper but out of stock. I bought one yesterday from Yuneec, so I don't know where you got your information from.

Well Hobbymounts are a couple of pounds cheaper but out of stock. I bought one yesterday from Yuneec, so I don't know where you got your information from.
Thanks, I'll ask them again. My new one came from Hobbymounts, but it is going back as it will not hold power. Maybe it's been on the shelf for some time?

Its 50% of the times I was achieving. There's been no sign of decrease in performance, one day I'm getting 30 minutes, the next 15. Hmmm...
Ain't no way you have ever got 30 minutes out of a H battery. 15 minutes is the norm. 20 minutes is unusual but doable in the right conditions, 30 minutes is just plain fiction. Post telemetry from a 30 minute flight and I will take back what I just said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't no way you have ever got 30 minutes out of a H battery. 15 minutes is the norm. 20 minutes is unusual but doable in the right conditions, 30 minutes is just plain fiction. Post telemetry from a 30 minute flight and I will take back what I just said.
I was waiting for someone to say that.

Thanks, I'll ask them again. My new one came from Hobbymounts, but it is going back as it will not hold power. Maybe it's been on the shelf for some time?
I don't think they stock much Yuneec, it's usually shipped from a central warehouse. Better to go to the Tree as they say Yuneec.

Hmmm, I can't post telemetry as everything was wiped when all was reset and reinstalled and tested at Yuneec a couple of months ago. Only telemetry I have now is 5 - 10 minutes flight, and they have managed 15 (timed to the second battery warning on the ST16). I was genuinely getting between 25 & 30 minutes on a regular basis, I've never had less than 20 even on windy days when it's been working harder. Apologies if you do not believe me, but there we go...

• Wow
Reactions: DoomMeister
Hmmm, I can't post telemetry as everything was wiped when all was reset and reinstalled and tested at Yuneec a couple of months ago. Only telemetry I have now is 5 - 10 minutes flight, and they have managed 15 (timed to the second battery warning on the ST16). I was genuinely getting between 25 & 30 minutes on a regular basis, I've never had less than 20 even on windy days when it's been working harder. Apologies if you do not believe me, but there we go...
Nope. I don't believe you.

Reactions: RatBob and kowality
I was genuinely getting between 25 & 30 minutes on a regular basis, I've never had less than 20 even on windy days when it's been working harder. Apologies if you do not believe me, but there we go...

A little hard to believe that you've been getting 25 to 30 minutes of flight on windy, let alone on windless days using OEM batteries.
On a regular basis??
Totally rubbish!?

Last edited:
Reactions: FlushVision
I'll take that back, only if you were at idle using propellers to shred paper documents.

A little hard to believe that you have been getting 25 to 30 minutes of flight on windy, let alone on windless days using OEM batteries.
On a regular basis!?
Totally rubbish!
There was an exchange on another thread a couple of days ago where someone claimed they were getting 20 minutes without seeing a warning. I doubted that claim and called him out. Turned out that someone else was able to prove a 24 minute flight by posting telemetry so that's why I will now believe it if someone claims a 20 minute flight and I will even reluctantly believe a 24 minute flight, though I think such a flight will be a rare thing indeed. But no way will I believe a 30 minute flight and for a claimant to say they get 30 minute regularly I actually find a little offensive to my intelligence...such as it is.

You may, may get 20 minutes and a bit, no wind, no maneuvering just hovering. But not as he mentions in the wind.
I like to see these documented through telemetry files posted so we can see.
I video all my flights, start up to shut down. I use those #'s for my log.
Other times I'll use my stop watch to double check accuracy of time.

Reactions: FlushVision
Yeah we all questioned 20 minutes the other day, 24 seemed downright miraculous - it's like flight time auctions round here at the moment :) I can't be buying 30 either, unless you took the camera off maybe - then it might be just possible... though if you did rinse batteries like that no wonder they are screwy now ! Or perhaps he means 30 mins from power on to power off, which could include 10 mins on the ground for all we know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my