Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery will not charge

Reaction score
Battery over discharged while installing the new firmware
It will not charge, blue light on charger
Battery voltage reads 9V

Is the battery finished or is there a way to bring it back to life

Kind Regards
Donal

Donal,
I hate to say it but your battery is shot. If you google how to bring a LiPo back to life, you will find tons of information on people who have brought ones back from the dead. You have to have some specialized equipment (adjustable power supplies). But it is MOST DANGEROUS. An over discharged battery is prone to catch fire when a recharged is attempted, I would only do so outside.
YES it can be done.
NO I do not know how long it would last if you do resurrect it from the dead.
Just be careful.

Donal,
I hate to say it but your battery is shot. If you google how to bring a LiPo back to life, you will find tons of information on people who have brought ones back from the dead. You have to have some specialized equipment (adjustable power supplies). But it is MOST DANGEROUS. An over discharged battery is prone to catch fire when a recharged is attempted, I would only do so outside.
YES it can be done.
NO I do not know how long it would last if you do resurrect it from the dead.
Just be careful.

OK. Like Bob said, your best and safest solution is to try nothing yourself. Personally I would not be worried about the discharged battery UNLESS it has swelled. In Ireland? Try to find an RC dealer in your area and see if they can help you. An expert may recover it, DO NOT TRY IT YOURSELF.

It is when charging LIPO's, or using damaged LIPO's that they are most dangerous. In future, never let them go below 14 volts UNDER LOAD.
Good luck.

Many thanks lads
I have new batteries arriving on Monday

Yes in Ireland, sitting in a barge on the Scariff river, lower lock derg, river shannon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech