Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery won't charge (green light blinking)

Reaction score
Hello,

I am an owner of Typhoon G and I am currently having an issue with my SC3500-3 charger. It is constantly blinking green light even when my battery is plugged in, so my battery currently won't charge at the moment.

I initially thought it was the charger that was having an issue, so I called Yuneec and they gave me a new charger. And it did not help. Same problem. I am assuming its the battery that is causing the issue..

Please help!!!!

I would suggest that you try charging another battery so that you prove that the charger is working. When a lipo drop below 3.0 volts per cell there is damage. Never full discharge the battery or you may cause permenant damage. If you have a good charger you can recover it. I will take my lipos and charge them a minute at a time on the lowest setting then try lipo again .. It will lift the voltage high enough to take a charge. Remember though 1 MINUTE AT A TIME. So you dont have a really cool lipo fire. There's a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to recover a lipo that was discharged too far...

Yuneec customer "service" does not exist.
After nearly an hour on hold, I reached a representative who had no knowledge about the product, or how to use it.
The sad excuse of an oem factory charger has a standard 4 pin data interface, but makes no provision to charge the flight battery. The rep told me that either or both of my two batteries and/or the charger that came with the drone were defective.
Neither scenario was the case.

The charger that comes with this drone has no power ports. It has a data port alone. When I hooked a depleted battery up to this device, the activity lights flashed green/red/red repeatedly.

Next, I plugged the 4 pin data cable into my B6 smart charger, analyzer, and promptly received a broken connection error. In order to charge these batteries, a continual feed of 12 volts dc is required, at an amperage not exceeding that of the battery's current rating, in this case 5600 mah.

Using great care (and a funky setup of Christmas tree wiring,) I took another basic charger from a different drone, plugged in the Yuneec battery's data port, and got 12 volts flowing in, all along praying that nothing would let loose and short circuit.

The other charger, a $10 clone, immediately identified what it was connected to, correctly configured the type and number of cells, configured the charging profile, and a few hours later I had a fully charged, ready to go, battery for my Yuneec drone.
Repeating this process revitalized the second battery every bit as nicely, and the following day I had two wonderful flights of my q500 drone, without incident or mishap.

Yuneec has inadequate customer support for what is really an exceptional product. The lady I spoke with after 45 minutes on hold had superb English; there was no language barrier at all.

There is no way in God's green world to charge that 11.1 volt, 5600 mah lipo flight pack through a 4 pin data cable alone. It didn't work for me-- has it worked for you? Maybe Santa Claus has something magical on his sleigh we might ask to receive on Christmas morning... any ideas, folks? Feedback welcome!

I bought this drone new off eBay, and the extra battery from Amazon. SHAME! on Yuneec, for not knowing their products well enough to advise upon the simplest matters. They might have me toss perfectly good batteries, because I'm supposed to charge them through a 4 pin data port!?!??....
When the other cheap charger finished the job, I plugged both batteries' data plugs into Yuneec's unit, and all flowed green in a joyful electronic handshake. Good batteries, inadequate way to charge anything, and a totally inadequate and incompetent pack of excuses for customer disservice.
Thanks for notbing, Yuneec.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval